How to shorten lengthy On Screen Display time (OSD)?
Question 
Kodi 14.2 leaves up the On Screen Display of the media info for a RIDICULOUSLY long time! It seems like 5% of the movie or video is over by the time the OSD disappears!

That is unacceptable.

What setting can I tweak to shorten that length of time, preferably to no more than 10 seconds?

Thanks!
You can't tweak it. You're not supposed to use a mouse with Kodi. Use a remote control. If you're using a mouse then you might as well use something like VLC.
I'm not using a mouse! I'm using Kodi via Amazon FireTV Stick, and the OSD lasts for several minutes!

Since you can't tweak it, it looks like Kodi is yet another ludicrously over-hyped piece of software.
What OSD? or rather screenshot please
Mine has never come up unless specifically called on screen by a remote key press.
Is the several minutes an exaggeration?
Why was this posted into the windows area?
I think you may have a different issue if the OSD (without user interaction) pops up and takes 7 minutes to disappear (without user interaction).
(2015-04-18, 02:19)kamby19 Wrote: I'm not using a mouse! I'm using Kodi via Amazon FireTV Stick, and the OSD lasts for several minutes!

Since you can't tweak it, it looks like Kodi is yet another ludicrously over-hyped piece of software.

Sorry for making the assumption, but since this was in the Windows forum, and a mouse is the most common reason to see the OSD stay up, that seemed like what was happening. The OSD should never be up for more than a few seconds when using a Fire TV stick. I have several myself.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play a video and the OSD doesn't go away?
Moved to general forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to shorten lengthy On Screen Display time (OSD)?0