Where can I ask usage questions about EMM?
Just downloaded it... thrashing though it.....

2 questions....
1. How do I get it to scan and show that movie has subtitles.... On the main screen where it shows the checkmark for subtitles, there are no checkmarks.... Movies definitely have subtitles.... have I set something up wrong?
2. At top of screen on right, there is a question mark <?> .... what is this?
Here is the right place.

1) it should detect them. Can you provide more info on the file names?
2) can you provide a screenshot?

M
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Embedded or external subtitles?the question marks are placeholder if Ember don't have a flag for this codec, video source, resolution...
(2015-04-18, 21:36)jwaltrip4 Wrote: Just downloaded it... thrashing though it.....

2 questions....
1. How do I get it to scan and show that movie has subtitles.... On the main screen where it shows the checkmark for subtitles, there are no checkmarks.... Movies definitely have subtitles.... have I set something up wrong?
2. At top of screen on right, there is a question mark <?> .... what is this?

1,,, Depends on how the files are.
You can have subtitles burned into the movie, if so there is no way to find it
It can be embedded in the file and those must have the correct flags set to it
It can be external, to be correctly identified it need an lang extension at the end like <moviename>.swe.srt (for an swedish sub)

2... Guess you mean media flags. If all is correct you get a flag for the spoken lang and for the sub lang and if Ember can't know what it is you get a question mark

And most important, you must let Ember scrap meta data for it to work at all
EMM changes the language of some titles.... How can I get it to not do that?

Also... How can I get it to lock a record so that re-scraping does not change anything?

version is emm1.3
OK.. TMDB scraper seems to require an API key.... but little information on how to get one... When I go to TMDB to request one, it appears to be for app developers... not users.

Also.... Television.... I have all of my shoes in folders,

name
-----season xx
--------episode xx
-----------SxxExx.mkv

Works just fine in tiny media manager.... EMM only finds a couple of the shows...
The short answer is to update Ember, 1.3 isn't maintained any more, even that 1.4 is called beta it has been more stable than 1.3 ever was for at least a year now
thanks.... No issues getting 1.4.

I just did....

However, same problem.... out of nearly 40 shows, with many episodes.... it only finds 2 of them.... and only the specials.....
(2015-04-24, 23:27)jwaltrip Wrote: OK.. TMDB scraper seems to require an API key.... but little information on how to get one... When I go to TMDB to request one, it appears to be for app developers... not users.

Also.... Television.... I have all of my shoes in folders,

name
-----season xx
--------episode xx
-----------SxxExx.mkv

Works just fine in tiny media manager.... EMM only finds a couple of the shows...
Do you have episode folders?
Not sure if that's supported in Ember, it's supposed to be just show folder an then season folder with the specials in season 00
Ember does not support episode folders (coming soon).
OK, thanks. I don't want to change my folder layout Smile

As to my other questions.

Is there a way to lock out changes to the record?
EMM seems to want to rename some of my movied (Tai Chi Zeroto Tai Chi 0). Is there a way to lock this out so EMM will not change it on a rescan?
if you go into settings and look at the global scraper settings, you should be able to check a box that says locked next to whichever info you do not want scraped.
(2015-04-27, 17:29)jwaltrip Wrote: OK, thanks. I don't want to change my folder layout Smile

As to my other questions.

Is there a way to lock out changes to the record?
EMM seems to want to rename some of my movied (Tai Chi Zeroto Tai Chi 0). Is there a way to lock this out so EMM will not change it on a rescan?

Not Embers fault, it just saves what scraping sites give it
How are you scraping, single movies or all at the same time, if the latter use the skip option and take care of them after

If you don't want to use the global locks in settings you can also lock a single movie, right click in the list and choose lock from context menu, Ember never touch it again
(2015-04-27, 21:19)T-bird_se Wrote: If you don't want to use the global locks in settings you can also lock a single movie, right click in the list and choose lock from context menu, Ember never touch it again

Thank you for this! Didn't even see that there in the right click menu!!
thanks

waiting for it to finish current scan
will clean up, then lock that out
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where can I ask usage questions about EMM?0