3.2.81 problems
Hi,

I just booted my Raspberry Pi 2 with Titan Helix beta, and most of the UI elements were not showing. I wondered if something had been corrupted in the system. Switched to Confluence. All was fine. Switched to the release version of Titan and everything was fine.

Then on the offchance, I checked the version of Titan Helix installed - 3.2.81. So, there has been an update and things are not working.

Would I be off base by wondering if there is a link between the two?

Anyone else seeing problems?

Thanks,

Mark
No-one else seeing issues?

I updated on a Windows PC, and the problems were the same. I exited Kodi and restarted it. At that point it dropped back to Confluence, and Titan Helix was not showing as not installed.

I reinstalled the skin, and so far everything seems fine.
I saw the odd behavior as well when updating to the .81 skin - I don't have the log file (has since rotated) but the errors I saw were in reference to not being able to delete the textures file during the update - something was holding it open/locked is my guess.

Reinstalling the skin fixed the issue.
Be aware that the Official Kodi repository is fail-safe, meaning that a addon (including skin) update will only be available/visible once it's content has been synced across all mirrors.

The 3th party repo's, including the one I use for hosting the beta version of Titan don't have this failsafe logic.
In case a new update "appears" to be available Kodi will will try to download/install it even if it isn't even yet ready on the repo.

You can experience an error every now and then with trying out beta stuff. Like mgonzales said, just reinstall will do the trick in that case.

That's why I recommend everyone to use the beta version for testing out stuff and helping me solving bugs and testing new features and use the stable version on your production/family setups.
When I am actively watching a show on the Beta skin and a new version is pushed, my kodi will crash and become unresponsive.

There are definitely problems with the Beta repo.
(2015-04-22, 15:44)wheemer Wrote: When I am actively watching a show on the Beta skin and a new version is pushed, my kodi will crash and become unresponsive.

There are definitely problems with the Beta repo.

That will be true for every skin that updates when you're watching something. Kodi should actually block updates when playback is in progress because of this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3.2.81 problems0