• 83(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Hi there, I'm having trouble downloading this link (https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads).
Is there a known problem? Can I get there build x64?
(2021-08-25, 07:24)kjwmgk Wrote: Hi there, I'm having trouble downloading this link (https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads).
Is there a known problem? Can I get there build x64?

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately the test builds expire after a month or so. I've started new builds and I'll update the download links ASAP.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have updated the download links at https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Rijs43,
This is based on the released 10.0.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16RYqHrC...sp=sharing
(2021-08-28, 00:34)LongMan Wrote: @Rijs43,
This is based on the released 10.0.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16RYqHrC...sp=sharing

Thanks LongMan!

Do you know if there are plans to have this native implemented in Kodi/LibreElec?

Edit: @LongMan when I put render mode on EGL in player setting my files play fine when a skin is having a trailer function on home screen (I.e. cosmic skin) however seems to stutter a little bit. When I change render mode from EGL to Direct To Plane the video starts flashing however will not do this when the video is played on full screen instead of Traiker video window on the home screen. Is there any setting I have to change in LibreElec?

Thanks.
(2021-08-28, 10:10)Rijs43 Wrote: when I put render mode on EGL in player setting my files play fine when a skin is having a trailer function on home screen (I.e. cosmic skin) however seems to stutter a little bit. When I change render mode from EGL to Direct To Plane the video starts flashing however will not do this when the video is played on full screen instead of Traiker video window on the home screen. Is there any setting I have to change in LibreElec?

The video renderer for the raspberry pi has been rewritten for LibreELEC 10.0. Actually for all devices. Therefore, there will be some kinks. The LibreELEC Team is referring to this 10.0 as a Stable Alpha for Raspberry Pi 4. There is no current release for Pi 2/3. If you are finding problems, please post in the LibreELEC forum so that they are aware of it. They are actively watching the forums for these reports.

With regards to getting into Kodi mainline, it is progressing. I cannot comment on a timeline.

Cheers,
LongMan
(2021-08-28, 13:11)LongMan Wrote:
(2021-08-28, 10:10)Rijs43 Wrote: when I put render mode on EGL in player setting my files play fine when a skin is having a trailer function on home screen (I.e. cosmic skin) however seems to stutter a little bit. When I change render mode from EGL to Direct To Plane the video starts flashing however will not do this when the video is played on full screen instead of Traiker video window on the home screen. Is there any setting I have to change in LibreElec?

The video renderer for the raspberry pi has been rewritten for LibreELEC 10.0. Actually for all devices. Therefore, there will be some kinks. The LibreELEC Team is referring to this 10.0 as a Stable Alpha for Raspberry Pi 4. There is no current release for Pi 2/3. If you are finding problems, please post in the LibreELEC forum so that they are aware of it. They are actively watching the forums for these reports.

With regards to getting into Kodi mainline, it is progressing. I cannot comment on a timeline.

Cheers,
LongMan

Thanks LongMan for the detailed explanation and will make sure to post in LE Forum as well.

Take care.
Hi,

Just curious if this addon is still maintained as I see last commit was in June?

Cheers.
(2021-09-22, 11:50)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

Just curious if this addon is still maintained as I see last commit was in June?

Cheers.
First of all it's not an add-on. It's a "fork" of Kodi which adds all of the necessary stuff to Kodi core to support media importing. In addition there are two (or even three) media importer add-ons available.

The "fork" of Kodi is almost finished. There is one minor improvements I have started working on a while ago but due to a stressful time at work and two small kids at home free time is a luxury.

The Emby and Plex media importer add-ons are feature-complete in the sense that they fully support all features expected and provided by Kodi core's media import logic. They also contain additional nice-to-have features like "skip intro" for Plex. Obviously there are tons of other features that could be added to these media importer add-ons like support for transcoding but they are not mandatory / importing for my primary use case which is to show case how powerful media import is.

Unfortunately the whole thing has hit a bump in the road due to a known bug / limitation in Kodi's Python 3 integration or even in Python 3 itself which severely impacts the functionality of Python based media importers. The same issue also affects skins which use a lot of Python add-ons to retrieve additional information like extra artwork etc. Until that issue has been resolved it does not really make sense to try to merge media import into Kodi mainline.
(2021-09-22, 21:02)Montellese Wrote:
(2021-09-22, 11:50)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

Cheers.
First of all it's not an add-on. It's a "fork" of Kodi which adds all of the necessary stuff to Kodi core to support media importing. In addition there are two (or even three) media importer add-ons available.

The "fork" of Kodi is almost finished. There is one minor improvements I have started working on a while ago but due to a stressful time at work and two small kids at home free time is a luxury.

The Emby and Plex media importer add-ons are feature-complete in the sense that they fully support all features expected and provided by Kodi core's media import logic. They also contain additional nice-to-have features like "skip intro" for Plex. Obviously there are tons of other features that could be added to these media importer add-ons like support for transcoding but they are not mandatory / importing for my primary use case which is to show case how powerful media import is.

Unfortunately the whole thing has hit a bump in the road due to a known bug / limitation in Kodi's Python 3 integration or even in Python 3 itself which severely impacts the functionality of Python based media importers. The same issue also affects skins which use a lot of Python add-ons to retrieve additional information like extra artwork etc. Until that issue has been resolved it does not really make sense to try to merge media import into Kodi mainline.

Hi Longman,

Apologies as this is not my mainfield.

Really appreciate the explanation and fully understand people are busy with other personal life things, so was just curious and not to criticise anthing.

Hope python 3 issues can be tackled, for now I am a happy user of media importer Big Grin
@Rijs43,
You might be confusing two persons. Montellese is the person responsible for the MediaImport goodness that you enjoy. You gratitude should be towards him.
I, LongMan, just answer some questions in the forum. Montellese is real one here.

Cheers,
LongMan
Hello. I was messing around in the XMBC application when I pressed the x at the top right. I wanted to see what it did so I pressed. and pressed apply. Now whenever I left click or anything nothing works! Is there any way to fix this?
Is this inquiry specific to Media Import or just plain Kodi?
(2021-09-22, 21:02)Montellese Wrote: Unfortunately the whole thing has hit a bump in the road due to a known bug / limitation in Kodi's Python 3 integration or even in Python 3 itself which severely impacts the functionality of Python based media importers. The same issue also affects skins which use a lot of Python add-ons to retrieve additional information like extra artwork etc. Until that issue has been resolved it does not really make sense to try to merge media import into Kodi mainline.
Assuming this issue is fixed, is there a future plan to try to merge this importer as core functionality into the main Kodi branch? The only reason I'm asking is that I'm currently using PlexKodiConnect but I'm running into issues with not being able to import any artwork other than poster/fanart (which I used to solve with Artwork Beef) since Plex has no concept of that.
(2021-09-30, 06:06)fnwc Wrote:
(2021-09-22, 21:02)Montellese Wrote: Unfortunately the whole thing has hit a bump in the road due to a known bug / limitation in Kodi's Python 3 integration or even in Python 3 itself which severely impacts the functionality of Python based media importers. The same issue also affects skins which use a lot of Python add-ons to retrieve additional information like extra artwork etc. Until that issue has been resolved it does not really make sense to try to merge media import into Kodi mainline.
Assuming this issue is fixed, is there a future plan to try to merge this importer as core functionality into the main Kodi branch? The only reason I'm asking is that I'm currently using PlexKodiConnect but I'm running into issues with not being able to import any artwork other than poster/fanart (which I used to solve with Artwork Beef) since Plex has no concept of that.
Personally I would be willing to do the work to integrate this into Kodi core since IMO it is the cleanest way to integrate external libraries into Kodi. There are many other approaches / workarounds including through add-ons and / or using JSON-RPC but they all don't fully solve all the different problems there are. But in the end it also highly depends on whether the team is willing to review all of the changes I made and wants to support it in the long run. It's no use if it is merged but then not supported.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10