• 9(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
@Montellese, When you find some time. Could you do a rebase to Isengard 15.0. I want to use the artist grouping fix.

Thanks
@Montellese, do you see this project as being part of replacing the mysql installation for multiple clients from the same server? Just asking because it's functionality I am most interested in.
I'm really wanting to try this out but the current links are dead. Is there any way I can get the most recent test build? Or is there a new one imminent?

Thanks for your help!
I must have found it before the Windows links were dead, but man, it works pretty damn great. I didn't have to set up any MySQL databases or anything like that and it functioned essentially the same on a remote computer as it did on my primary/local storage Kodi did. I feel like its such a good project, it could totally be released into an official release.

As in Movies were sorted into the movie categories, TV shows sorted into TV shows, not just pointing to a UPnP server and then selecting your item from a list. It comes with full blown metadata from the scrappers, etc. It's wonderful! Unfortunately I reinstalled the stable Isengard release over the modified one due to an error I'm having in Win10, which didn't fix my issue, and now I need to check to see if the laptop still has the download as the windows links are both down.
If you still have it, I'd love to get my hands on it!
@Montellese, is there any way we can get a working link the most recent test builds? I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks!
Sorry for the long radio silence. Yes old test builds are deleted from our mirrors after a while so the test builds I provided were automatically deleted after some time.
Unfortunately rebasing this work always takes several hours because it touches all kinds of code that is also regularly touched in other PRs which are merged all the time. That's why there hasn't been any update in a while. I'll try to find some time to do a rebase either on Isengard 15.0 / 15.1 (once it's out) and/or on current master and then post new test builds.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
IMO it only makes sense to rebase for master and maybe even PR small bits of it (like changed source handling)
I finally managed to find the time to rebase this work onto current master. Unfortunately the Xcode project will need to be re-synced so for now there are now OSX/iOS test builds.

Latest test builds: August 16 2015:
Changelog
  • Rebased onto current master: 2c3a5413080dbe1ab5771ce043f4946c015f5da5
  • Added an event for newly detected media providers which will take you directly to the media providers import configuration view.
  • If you ran a previous version of this test build you need to delete your MyVideosXX.db
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OpenELEC builds:

OpenELEC Generic (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...ac5a18.tar
OpenELEC RPi (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...ac5a18.tar
OpenELEC RPi2 (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...ac5a18.tar
OpenELEC NVidia Legacy (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...ac5a18.tar
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
"If you ran a previous version of this test build you need to delete your MyVideosXX.db"

I am assuming that refers to the client, not the server.

Cheers
(2015-08-17, 05:58)LongMan Wrote: "If you ran a previous version of this test build you need to delete your MyVideosXX.db"

I am assuming that refers to the client, not the server.

Cheers

It refers to every installation of a previous test build from this thread. But you only need to delete MyVideos92.db and newer IIRC.
this version has database modifications on top of standard kodi database. When Kodi database is changed it bumps its version so this one needs the same. Hence you always need to start from an original Kodi database version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok. Thanks
Ok. remove db92 and db93. Left db 90 and it made db95 from it.

With regards to
Added an event for newly detected media providers which will take you directly to the media providers import configuration view.

There were only notifications, the configuration screen did not open. Had to go to settings.

BTW it is still showing Media Player and Emby Server notifications, IIRC you had suppressed those.

Cheers
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10