WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
I will have to give this some testing when I get a chance however I have a few questions. One of the bigger ones, and it may not be the best point in development for it but, how will things play out with addon imported content??

1) If the DNLA server (Kodi) has plugin://plugin.video.netflix/somecontent in the library pointing to a movie does that get shared out?? If you play that on another machine will it request you install the addon, play and stream, or fail

2) Do watch states sync even if the content is not being shared?? For example if I watch a movie through an addon added to the library will the watch state update to the server's version?? What about cover art??

3) How will duplicates be handled?? If I have a local copy vs DNLA or addon, or addon v DNLA, etc. Which gets used, can I decide??

I live the idea of being able to make a mesh of Kodi systems and have everything sync, plus get addon content in the library. I am just wondering how will everything get synced up and handled.

Hope the questions are appropriate and not to early.

Thanks
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration of UPnP - by poplap - 2015-04-22, 21:54
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10