WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2015-05-13, 19:23)rterblanche Wrote: Def my day to day build I am running. Works fine for my usage.

Only problem is it needs delta updates. On RPi2 it takes a while to sync with my library.

I know not all upnp sources will support deltas but maybe you must have some way of defining capabilities of the upnp source.

Then on the source that supports deltas like kodi that we have control over we can implement deltas. Or is it a case of upnp standard not having a delta update specification.

Thanks again for this.

The UPnP functionality I'm using right now does not support deltas and we also currently don't have a way to determine them. Another forum user has done some work on that i.e. he extended the database by timestamps to be able to determine what was added/changed when and then it's possible to determine a list of changes since a specific timestamp. Combining that with another UPnP functionality which supports this kind of synchronisation would certainly be a big improvement. But that will require a lot of additional work so for now this is the easiest approach.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration of UPnP - by Montellese - 2015-05-13, 19:35
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10