WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
This cannot completely replace mySQL yet, but that is the ultimate objective. Having said that, the entire scope available via mySQL is not usually used by some people, ie separate databases for separate profiles etc. So for some of us this media import approach could do it. My sticking point is similar to yours, how do I separate different sections of my library, Kids Movies, Kids Series, Sports, Docu Series etc.

Just curious, how do separate the Parent's Movie using a smart playlist. If like me you use a folder path then, this approach will not do that yet. Montellese has suggested using tags. It could be a lot of work to tag an existing library. My thought is that the solution might be a plugin that tags each item in the library with a source tag such as , Kids Movies, Docu Series, Cartoons, Kids Series etc. Then we could easily make smartplaylist or video nodes that separate them using these tags. If I had such a plugin, I would start using right now.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration of UPnP - by LongMan - 2015-05-26, 16:43
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10