• 8(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
I don't think we've really talked about this, but since I assume profiles will be developed with this work in mind, do you see this getting delayed until after the GSOC profile stuff can be PRed?
@Montellese : Not yet found time to test all this. But as I already have some report I suppose the stuff imported is suffering from the same problem as auto upnp source adding.

No activation of the allowsharing so no access via VFS ?

Is this something that can be addressed ? Maybe a default allowsharing for all upnp source that can be disabled in a setting or advanced settings ?
(2015-06-24, 22:31)natethomas Wrote: I don't think we've really talked about this, but since I assume profiles will be developed with this work in mind, do you see this getting delayed until after the GSOC profile stuff can be PRed?
I made a decision quite a while ago that I won't delay this work for any other work that is in the progress with no immediate end in sight because it is a huge demotivator knowing that the work can't proceed anyway until X and Y have been taken care of.

(2015-06-25, 09:04)Tolriq Wrote: @Montellese : Not yet found time to test all this. But as I already have some report I suppose the stuff imported is suffering from the same problem as auto upnp source adding.

No activation of the allowsharing so no access via VFS ?

Is this something that can be addressed ? Maybe a default allowsharing for all upnp source that can be disabled in a setting or advanced settings ?
I'll look into it. Right now imported stuff works completely different than normal sources. They don't have any of the settings of normal sources. So maybe it's just easiest to allow external VFS access to all imported items. But I'm not 100% sure if you'll be able to stream an imported UPnP item because Kodi will also access it as a stream and not a regular file so it would have to forward stream a streamed file. I never tried that.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sounds good to me. I likely wouldn't have asked for any other project, but since you're kind of working both of these particular ones, I wasn't sure if you were prioritizing one over the other.
Quick question. How wife friendly is this (OpenELEC specifically). I would to start using this version and providing feedback but I dont have a whole lot of time to roll back versions and troubleshoot. She wouldnt even notice if fanart and posters are not working correctly, but would definitely notice if she picked something and it didnt play (she would be using the server side as well).
If you've got an 8GB USB memory stick handy and hardware that can boot from USB memory stick then it's pretty easy to give OpenELEC a try - write the disk image (available from the OpenELEC download page) to your USB stick and boot OpenELEC to see if your wife likes it or not. If your hardware is a Raspberry Pi, then write the Pi/Pi2 disk image to a spare SD card.

Assuming your wife finds OpenELEC to be friendly enough - all she will see and interact with is regular Kodi - then you can upgrade to one of these WIP builds by copying the relevant tar file to \\<openelec-ip-address>\Update and rebooting OpenELEC to finish the update (at no point will your existing HDD/SSD be touched by OpenELEC).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Im sorry, should have been clearer. I am currently running OpenELEC 5.0.8 generic.

Rather my question was specifically about this test build that enables the sharing of upnp libraries and its stability and friendliess.
@Montellese

can you confirm that upnp library share in Helix don't follow symlinks?
I'm not using your fork but as you are working with upnp maybe you can confirm without debugging/checking code
If it's a bug I can open a TRAC
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230584

thanks!
(2015-06-30, 18:54)fernandovg Wrote: @Montellese

can you confirm that upnp library share in Helix don't follow symlinks?
I'm not using your fork but as you are working with upnp maybe you can confirm without debugging/checking code
If it's a bug I can open a TRAC
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230584

thanks!

Is this in the files node? I never tried symlinks and I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't work but it's possible that it doesn't.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thanks for replying.

yes.
HOME > VIDEO > FILES > Shows(I set content as tv-shows)

Also opening Library shows nothing for that show. That tv-show banner appears (tv-show main folder it's not symlinked, only the season folders)

IMO it's a low priority bug as it's not a common setup
Ive got a working setup between windows 7 and 8 pc's. But adding a mac no media provider's or imports show up. Tried rebooting and re enabling upnp settings. Anyone else got mac running to a windows pc working on june builds?

Any other settings i could be missing?

Also i understand this only a test build love the layout n easy of setup. Only thing i see needs improvement is scan time. If i add a new file to libary need to do a initial scan then a scan on client to watch can nearly take half n hour sometimes. Not complaining about builds just expessing how I intend to use this new system
(2015-07-02, 06:18)Javlin Wrote: Ive got a working setup between windows 7 and 8 pc's. But adding a mac no media provider's or imports show up. Tried rebooting and re enabling upnp settings. Anyone else got mac running to a windows pc working on june builds?

Any other settings i could be missing?
I don't have a mac so I never tried this setup but theoretically it shouldn't make a difference as UPnP is pretty much platform agnostic.

(2015-07-02, 06:18)Javlin Wrote: Also i understand this only a test build love the layout n easy of setup. Only thing i see needs improvement is scan time. If i add a new file to libary need to do a initial scan then a scan on client to watch can nearly take half n hour sometimes.
Yes the problem is that we have to do a full sync because we don't support incremental sync. But this is also just a proof of concept to provide a framework which an implementation that should serve as an example for other better suited synchronisation protocols.
I double checked the Mac client to a windows server and still not showing up. Im not sure how to provide a log for this as I cant trigger a media provider scan?

Also when I go to media imports I cant get a manual synchronization scan to start? I'm guessing button not implemented just yet? just to clarify.
Installed the Windows test version - June 23 2015. I would also try the android ARM version, but the link does not work.

Finding Media Servers is a problem. Kodi only shows 1 Media server on my system, whereas I have 3.

I have a UPnP Media Server on my Synology NAS (cannot see)
On the same NAS I have a Plex media server (cannot see)
On one of my XBMC media players (an android box) I turned on the UPnP Media Server (it sees this one!)

I have quite a few android devices (tablets, phones, etc) and they all see the 3 UPnP servers with no problems.

I am not that sure I can do much if Kodi cannot even find the media servers.
It can see them but it can't handle them right now because it has to rely on the server supporting specific UPnP features (searching and filtering) ehich a lot of UPnP servers don't. So right now this is for Kodi to Kodi syncing only.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10