• 11(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2015-09-24, 17:54)bry- Wrote: @Montellese after reading the emby thread I had a quick question. Do you plan on adding the ability to sync watched status between add-ons that are in the official repo? Ie t1m aka learningit has many add-ons that I have installed across the many kodi boxes in my house and would like to sync their watched status. Thanks for all your work.

I haven't considered this use case yet because the main purpose of this project is to be able to import items into the library but could also include items from plugins. The difficulty arises when one Kodi installation has a plugin installed and another doesn't in which case the second instance wouldn't be able to play the items imported from the plugin installed in the first instance.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
understood, apologize for the featurecreep request.
If you share the database/library via UPnP and the database version changes (such as /MyVideos94.db in 16 Alpha 2 to /MyVideos97.db in the latest nightly, do all my Pi's need to be on the same build, or at least support the DB version of the UPnP library host? Could there be and issue if the UPnP host was v97 and the receiver was v96 for example?

Basically my main Pi scans my files, creates and shares the library with other Pi's If I update my main Pi all the time, could there be an issue if I don't update the other Pi's who are receiving the UPnP library from the main (more recent build) Pi?

Is there an actual library on the receiving Pi's? I ask because I see populated somewhat recent *.db files in /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database of the UPnP receiver with no local music/video files and no folders selected other than for UPnP. In the past I had that Pi scan a remote file server, are those music, video .db files left over from that, or are they still used as a UPnP library receiver?
Due to using UPnP the database version doesn't matter that much because the data is extracted from the database and then translated into a standardized format. Obviously it's possible that a newer Kodi version with a newer database version supports additional stuff that isn't supported by the older version but that doesn't break UPnP at all.

When you use media importing there's a database on both the server and the client because the client needs to know which data has been imported and from where. So the data is basically (more or less) duplicated.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
great, thank you
I apologize in advance because I know this won't help very much. I haven't looked into how to start logging/find any crash logs that may be turned on by default, but I've used your test builds since the June release. I'm posting now because since I've used whatever Kodi test build your latest iteration is, it crashes very often for me. Particularly often when I have an XBox 360 controller in use with it, but not exclusively. The other versions worked flawlessly for me however. It's whichever client's instance of Kodi I'm watching from that crashes.

If it helps, I'm on Windows 10.

I do want to say that when I got fed up and wanted to find a way to host from a non-dedicated media pc to my laptop in the bedroom and not have an ugly list of items I finally found your project and I've loved it since. It does exactly what I wanted to and I really hope it gets picked up in the official releases soon. It's a fantastic feature for a simple home setup. No raspberry pi servers, no dedicated hosts or extra/funky network configurations to serve media from one source to others and have it be as organized as the hosts instance of Kodi. I love it.

Thank you again!
(2015-10-10, 09:34)Phweak Wrote: I apologize in advance because I know this won't help very much. I haven't looked into how to start logging/find any crash logs that may be turned on by default, but I've used your test builds since the June release. I'm posting now because since I've used whatever Kodi test build your latest iteration is, it crashes very often for me. Particularly often when I have an XBox 360 controller in use with it, but not exclusively. The other versions worked flawlessly for me however. It's whichever client's instance of Kodi I'm watching from that crashes.

If it helps, I'm on Windows 10.

I do want to say that when I got fed up and wanted to find a way to host from a non-dedicated media pc to my laptop in the bedroom and not have an ugly list of items I finally found your project and I've loved it since. It does exactly what I wanted to and I really hope it gets picked up in the official releases soon. It's a fantastic feature for a simple home setup. No raspberry pi servers, no dedicated hosts or extra/funky network configurations to serve media from one source to others and have it be as organized as the hosts instance of Kodi. I love it.

Thank you again!

Sounds like an issue in the current master. I rebased on the (almost) current master so maybe there has been a fix for your issue.
Latest test builds: October 10 2015:
Changelog
  • Rebased onto current master: 783db620754bf4b89f96247f20f295603f1c8e1a
  • Improved media import GUI window to manage media imports
OpenELEC Generic (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...3cf42b.tar
OpenELEC RPi (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...3cf42b.tar
OpenELEC RPi2 (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...3cf42b.tar
OpenELEC NVidia Legacy (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...3cf42b.tar
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Montellese maybe rebase before you go on holiday?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I probably won't have any time to get that done because I still have to pack my bags and finish the rough plan for the trip.
https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc/tree/media_import rebased on current master (e83e2f946)
Latest test builds: October 10 2015:
Changelog
  • Rebased onto current master: e83e2f946
  • Improved media import GUI window to manage media imports

You likely need to drop videodb/musicdb again as i don't know if we bumped it in the mean time.

Thanks @ironic_monkey for the rebase
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-10-27, 14:56)Martijn Wrote: You likely need to drop videodb/musicdb again as i don't know if we bumped it in the mean time.

I'm not quite sure what this means. Do I need to remove something before/after installing the latest build? I'm currently trying to use the Windows build from 10/10 listed in post #158.

I updated to the Windows build listed in post #158 on two computers (both Windows 10) the other night, and now I've run into a database issue. While things work fine on the PC that my files are hosted on, the UPnP database on my HTPC is going crazy. It will sync and add all of the database files from the host PC, and then as soon as the process has finished, it will instantly start deleting everything that was synced from the host computer. The only media file it leaves is one file that's stored locally on the HTPC. I've tried both manually and automatically syncing the information, and it happens both ways. Is anyone else having this issue? Should I roll back to the build from September that seemed to work great, or update to the latest builds from 10/27 that Martijn posted?
The links for windows installations seem to be down for me (Nov 19, 2015).
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10