• 13(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
You install this version of OpenELEC as an update to an existing OpenELEC installation, ie. by copying the tar file into the OpenELEC Update folder on your RPi.

Installing OpenELEC: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Raspberry_Pi
Updating OpenELEC: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you! I'll try this tomorrow !
Hello
I use kodi for long time i must say this is amazing work.
I have a question. I use Playon media as upnp server but this version of kodi do not see it.
(2016-02-29, 14:45)ntilagoa Wrote: Hello
I have a question. I use Playon media as upnp server but this version of kodi do not see it.

It's currently limited to synchronisation between Kodi instances only because with UPnP/DLNA everyone does things a bit differently which makes it very difficult to support a lot of implementations. But in Settings -> Services -> UPnP/DLNA there should be an option to also allow synchronisation with non-Kodi servers. I however can't guarantee that it will work.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2016-02-29, 15:02)Montellese Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 14:45)ntilagoa Wrote: Hello

It's currently limited to synchronisation between Kodi instances only because with UPnP/DLNA everyone does things a bit differently which makes it very difficult to support a lot of implementations. But in Settings -> Services -> UPnP/DLNA there should be an option to also allow synchronisation with non-Kodi servers. I however can't guarantee that it will work.

Thanks
I will try later today. I am at work at the moment. Smile
I use emby/kodi implementation and it works very well, but this new aproach to library management opens new and endless ways to manage our kodi library. Thank you very much for your hard work.
Any chance of a updated version for OSX?
I tried with Mezzmo and it doesn't see my Mezzmo server. I am running the Windows build 4fbae54 release. I've tried turning on/off the ignore incompatible uPnP servers option.Nothing I do gets my Mezzmo server to show up under the Media Improts or Media Providers option. Kodi can see the Mezzmo server via normal uPNP and play files from it. The media import doesn't seem to recognize it.
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks for all the hard work on this new feature. I've been waiting for something like this for years and am glad to see someone took on the challenge. Out of curiosity, has there been any attempt to get this working on a RPi3? I have the stable version of OpenElec running on the RPi3, but get the rainbow screen after updating to the latest build.
I am a long time XBMC.Kodi user. I have been using the SQL database feature on my Windows desktop and allowing Android boxes running Kodi to access it. This has worked well for a long time, but I find it increasingly difficult to maintain, as it has become more difficult for me to update the xml files on the Android boxes (I use Fire TV). So I have been looking into UPnP as an alternative. I converted one of my Android boxes to UPnP, running Serviio on my Windows system... side-by-side with the SQL database, and this works very easy and simple. However, I miss the bookmarks and recent additions that come with better library integration. And thus I found this thread. Looks like you are producing exactly what I would like, but I cannot get the download links (in this thread) to work with either Chrome or FireFox. When I click the link, I get a new tab opening in the browser (blank) and no download. I feel kind of dumb... how do I download a copy of the test build??

Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to the release of this new feature, and would be glad to test it.
Something new on this? Will it be integrated in Kodi 17?
Wink 
Big Grin
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Starting to look like it's close. When you looking at needing beta testers again

Sent from my Nexus 6
As you can see from the video I posted a few days ago I finally had some time to bring my media importing work back on track. It took me a while to migrate to the new CMake buildsystem but now everything should work the same as before. I haven't done much work in improving importing over UPnP but I have spent quite some time on supporting direct import from an Emby server through their API. One thing I haven't gotten to work with Emby yet is synchronising resume points but synchronising watched/unwatched works fine.

These builds are based on the Kodi Krypton Betas and not on Kodi Jarvis

If you ran a previous version of this test build you need to delete your MyVideosXX.db

Latest test builds: October 30 2016:
Changelog
  • Rebased onto current master
  • Improved media import GUI window to manage media imports
  • Support importing video items from an Emby server
  • Added more events
How's the Kodi to Kodi integration. My ultimate still running kodi on the main instance/media location and then having kodi on raspberry pi's at all the secondary locations. The pi's will have no media attached.

Or might it be better currently running emby server to host the media and all the other locations all just reading from the emby source?

Sent from my Nexus 6
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10