WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2016-11-02, 12:43)Montellese Wrote: Last night I re-worked the media provider settings for Emby which now allow the following possibilities: Either provide an API key (no login required), choose a publicly visible user with the option to specify a password or to manual enter a (hidden) user with the option to specify a password. I also extended all API calls with the functionality to re-try authentication in case the user has been logged out in the mean time. Unfortunately I forgot to push some minor changes which is why the buildserver failed to build and you'll have to be patient until Thursday for new builds with this change.

I saw the changes. No problem, it is worth waiting for.

(2016-11-02, 12:43)Montellese Wrote: Is it possible that it's using the transcoding feature in which case the subtiltes would be intergrated into the transcoded stream? Or it might be using the direct file access in which case Kodi can search for local subtitles again. Right now I've limited functionality to the static stream which should allow streaming in all cases but might have some drawbacks like external subtitles.

I think you are right about that. Well partly anyway. The addon offers DirectPaths (file access) or HTTP playback/streaming; I use HTTP. I use Intel NUCs which able to handle the load, so there is no need for transcoding. It actually says "Direct Playing" on the server web interface. The Emby Server server stores the path to the subtitle files, however I don't think Kodi is accessing the files directly, because the subtitle still works while I am away from home. I am can enable, disable, or cycle through the subtitles as if Kodi was accessing them. @angelblue05 is making adjustments to the addon's playback functions now, and would be better able to explain.

I just noticed that my movies didn't import. I thought t i have only added tv shows and music videos to the TestUser, but it should have access to all libraries. If the problem persists after the next build, i will post the logs.

Cheers,

LongMan

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration of UPnP - by LongMan - 2016-11-02, 16:02
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10