WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
First off, once again thanks for your detailed testing and feedback.

(2016-11-06, 12:53)LongMan Wrote: Interesting, the subtitles seem to be working. At least with the files I have tried so far.
I didn't change anything Angel

(2016-11-06, 12:53)LongMan Wrote: Have you given any thought to how to separate the media libraries. I saw in an earlier reply to Angelblue, your explanation that media import will not try to repeat the experience from a native client but aims to integrate the items into the Kodi library.

All the back-ends have some separation, Emby, Plex, MeediOS, Media Portal 2. I suspect that users of the last 2 might want to add support for them because it would mean that they would have clients on all the platforms on which Kodi is present. I even used paths to separate in kodi, and I suspect others do too. Not being able to separate libraries will probably discourage some people from giving it a go.
The problem is that Kodi does not really support this at all right now. You have to use hacks like smartplaylists etc. to get this kind of separation. This makes it almost impossible for media importing to support it in a useful way. From what I understood Emby solves this by using tags? Those can be (and probably are being) imported so you could still create smartplaylists in Kodi.

(2016-11-06, 12:53)LongMan Wrote: Does the syncing process affect the user experience? How quickly does a new item get synced to the library etc. There are some things that are only noticed when it is compared to the normal experience.
Right now it only syncs when it detects the media provider and after that through manual syncing. But that's just because I haven't implemented the websocket stuff which would inform Kodi's importer as soon as something has changed in Emby. Syncing watched state from Kodi back to Emby should be instantaneous.

(2016-11-06, 12:53)LongMan Wrote: I did not see any import of collections (movie sets), i assume that has not been implemented yet.
Collections seem to be handled differently in Emby than I expected. You don't get the collections a movie belongs to as part of the movie's metadata (is there a reason for this or did I just miss some property?). You have to ask for all collections separately and I haven't implemented that yet.

(2016-11-06, 12:53)LongMan Wrote: A small suggestion, on the media sources settings screen, maybe you should just say TV Shows. From a Technical standpoint it is TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes, but from a user perspective, it just TV Shows, seasons and episodes are assumed to be there.
I've thought about this too and it's probably the better thing to do but I'll have to see how I integrate it in the generic (i.e. media type agnostic) implementation of the media importer.

(2016-11-06, 12:53)LongMan Wrote: I cannot install any other skin, is that a problem with this build or a general Krypton problem?
I haven't touched any of that code but who knows. I never tried it myself.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration of UPnP - by Montellese - 2016-11-07, 11:22
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10