WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2016-11-15, 16:50)cscott1 Wrote: I apologize if this has been addressed I didn't read all 16 pages of this thread. I read the first page on the description of this Kodi service or build but I'm unsure whether this build will accomplish what I am wishing to do which is to use the default select action of show information over a UPnP path. I'm currently Using Jarvis 16.1 I set both my windows server and my mxq pro Android box video settings in file lists for the default select action to show information. It works for library files on each device however when I select the file from my server through the UPnP path on my Android box it starts playing the video file instead of going to the information page. I would like to read the synopsis and watch the trailer and what not before watching the video. Does this build support this? If not I would like to request support for that feature.

Kodi doesn't allow this on purpose right now because the info dialog also allows you to do stuff like refreshing the item, choosing different artwork etc. which is not possible for remote (UPnP) items. With my work this becomes possible for all items imported into the library but if you e.g. choose new artwork for an item imported from a UPnP server that information is not passed on to the UPnP server yet so it's only a local change.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration of UPnP - by Montellese - 2016-11-15, 20:21
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10