• 18(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
These builds are based on the Kodi L*** and not on Kodi Jarvis or Kodi Krypton Betas

If you ran a previous version of this test build you need to delete your MyVideosXX.db

Latest test builds: December 10 2016:
Changelog
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
LibreELEC Generic: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...7b876f.tar
LibreELEC RPi: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...7b876f.tar
LibreELEC RPi2: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...7b876f.tar

Generic is currently uploading, should be there in about 15-20 minutes (hopefully, otherwise I'll sort it out this evening).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I know you mostly focusing on integration to emby media server but can we give you bugs when found for upnp as well?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Any bug reports are welcome. The Emby importing is just a proof of concept to test this with other media providers.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Did a bit of testing of the info dialog

Happy to report that there is no more crashing from the home screen widgets.

Tested using
  • LibreELEC Generic
  • Confluenece, (familarity, easy to spot a difference) and Estuary.
  • 3 video sources, one of each type currently available. Local, Kodi (via UPnP) and Emby on the same machine.
  • Movies, TV Shows, Episodes and Music Videos. The Artist widget only had watched/unwatched, no info button.

In all 3 cases there was no crash. However, the information in the dialog was different for the local files. For both the imports from Emby and from Kodi (via UPnP), a few buttons were disabled in confluence, and missing in Estuary. The buttons are Refresh and Trailer (movies). In the case of the refresh button, the path shows when it is selected in Estuary. The path is always visible in confluence. Play, Your Rating, Show Fanart, Same Director and Choose Art were the buttons common to all.

Had similar observations with the windows laptop but was unable to browse for network sources with smb, so wasn't able to test local files with it. The results for imported entries were the same

Some other observations

Happy to see just TV shows. (No more seasons and episodes.) Nice.

Poster and Fanart, for music video artists, are not imported from Emby. I know there are places for them in Kodi, because I see them for some of the artists. However, I am unsure of where they are from because they are different from the ones on the Emby server. Tbh I am not even sure how to get them directly into Kodi because the scrapper does not even pick up the artwork in the folder.

Was a bit surprised to see 3 entries of the same show for TV Shows. I expected the episodes from the second and third sources to the added to the show entry for the first. It actually happened partially in the case of one show. There was only two entries for that show with one having double entry for each episode.

There were three entries for each movie, and each music video. That I expected because I know you have not looked at duplicate entries yet. However, because TV Shows with episodes on multiple drives (or paths) are handled so elegantly, I was expecting TV Shows with multiple sources to the treated the same.

I also noticed while looking at the path in confluence that some Emby import items have a path that contain ...stream?MediaSourceId=... while others contain ...stream.mkv?MediaSourceId=... I bring this up becuase there is a neat little feature of Emby for Kodi which is not available with Media Import. The abilty to play .strm files from the Emby server using a Kodi plugin. I use it with You Tube .strm files for music videos. Somehow Emby for Kodi passes the stream details to Kodi which uses the appropriate plugin to play it. I know it works very well with You Tube .strm files, cannot speak for any other plugin. It is nice to just make a .strm file for a music video instead of downloading it. Hopefully play count is updated on YouTube. I know some Indie artists use their play count on YouTube to show their popularity.

I have a few other observations and suggestions from the previous build which I had forgotten. I will post them tomorrow.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
LongMan
Media import from another Kodi device giving issues. Strangely movie import work fine and I can play a movie, but tv series episodes say not in library anymore when trying to play and do I want to remove it. Imported all the correct tv series and episodes. Just don't want to play.

Setup is windows main library and raspberry pi just acting as a player. Problem is on the raspberry.

See if you get the same behaviour otherwise I will send logs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2016-12-11, 02:21)LongMan Wrote: Happy to report that there is no more crashing from the home screen widgets.
Thanks for the confirmation.

(2016-12-11, 02:21)LongMan Wrote: In all 3 cases there was no crash. However, the information in the dialog was different for the local files. For both the imports from Emby and from Kodi (via UPnP), a few buttons were disabled in confluence, and missing in Estuary. The buttons are Refresh and Trailer (movies). In the case of the refresh button, the path shows when it is selected in Estuary. The path is always visible in confluence. Play, Your Rating, Show Fanart, Same Director and Choose Art were the buttons common to all.

Had similar observations with the windows laptop but was unable to browse for network sources with smb, so wasn't able to test local files with it. The results for imported entries were the same
This is on partly on purpose. Right now the media import framework does not support refreshing a single item manually which is why the "Refresh" button is disabled. "Trailer" isn't implemented yet (neither for UPnP nor for Emby) which is why it will always be empty and therefore not shown in the info dialog.

(2016-12-11, 02:21)LongMan Wrote: Poster and Fanart, for music video artists, are not imported from Emby. I know there are places for them in Kodi, because I see them for some of the artists. However, I am unsure of where they are from because they are different from the ones on the Emby server. Tbh I am not even sure how to get them directly into Kodi because the scrapper does not even pick up the artwork in the folder.
Actor/Artist artwork is already on the TODO list. The problem with UPnP is that it supports actors/artists and their rules out of the box (i.e. no Kodi-specific stuff required) but it does not support artwork. For Emby I'm importing the artwork URLs but for some reason Kodi doesn't pick them up and I haven't looked into it in more detail yet.

(2016-12-11, 02:21)LongMan Wrote: Was a bit surprised to see 3 entries of the same show for TV Shows. I expected the episodes from the second and third sources to the added to the show entry for the first. It actually happened partially in the case of one show. There was only two entries for that show with one having double entry for each episode.
That shouldn't be the case. I have added logic that tries to match TV shows based on either the unique ID returned by the scraper or by tvshow title and year. It works fine for a use case I have in my test library but I have not tested it very extensively.

(2016-12-11, 02:21)LongMan Wrote: I also noticed while looking at the path in confluence that some Emby import items have a path that contain ...stream?MediaSourceId=... while others contain ...stream.mkv?MediaSourceId=... I bring this up becuase there is a neat little feature of Emby for Kodi which is not available with Media Import. The abilty to play .strm files from the Emby server using a Kodi plugin. I use it with You Tube .strm files for music videos. Somehow Emby for Kodi passes the stream details to Kodi which uses the appropriate plugin to play it. I know it works very well with You Tube .strm files, cannot speak for any other plugin. It is nice to just make a .strm file for a music video instead of downloading it. Hopefully play count is updated on YouTube. I know some Indie artists use their play count on YouTube to show their popularity.
I haven't spent much time on this yet. I just picked the first solution that I came across in the Emby wiki which would allow full control over playback of the stream. A problem with .strm files might be that it won't work if you don't have the required plugin installed and media importing from emby should not have to rely on any add-on being installed.

(2016-12-11, 19:49)rterblanche Wrote: Media import from another Kodi device giving issues. Strangely movie import work fine and I can play a movie, but tv series episodes say not in library anymore when trying to play and do I want to remove it. Imported all the correct tv series and episodes. Just don't want to play.
I can take another look at it but last time I tried it it worked fine so would be nice to get a debug log.
I like running the latest nightlies and milhouse pi buiilds so use to this.

Another funny I picked up that I don't know if it is something to do with your build or
maybe just the dev branch.

When I run a clean library on my main kodi install it tells me it cannot find my main video sources
that's on local disk and want to clean out all references to it. That will be a bit of a nightmare
because I will loose all my watched info.

Will quickly do a debug log tonight when I get home.
Log file - https://paste.ubuntu.com/23620798/

Looks like a %25 inserted into the url causing issues

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Forgot to add that's the log on the raspberry's side. Forgot to do the log on the main library side.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2016-12-12, 23:17)rterblanche Wrote: Log file - https://paste.ubuntu.com/23620798/

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

First of all I'm not sure why you're URLs are double encoded which should not be the case IIRC.

Futhermore something might be wrong with your database because the log file contains the following error:
Quote:CMediaImportSettingsBase: failed to initialize settings
but I'll have to double check with an UPnP server as media provider myself.
With regards to the .strm files, I have the You Tube plugin installed, so that is probably not the reason. In any case, that would be icing on the cake and the cake isn't baked yet so, .strm files can wait.

In terms of the duplicate TV Shows, let me know if I can help in anyway. Logs, database or test an updated build. More than happy to help.

Previously I mentioned a problem with external subtitles and later said that it showing some external subtitles. On further examination, it turns out I was right the first time. It is not displaying external subtitles. The files that were anomalous actually have both internal and external subtitles. Not quite sure why some have it and others do not. Maybe during remuxing the files to mkv the subtitles were placed in the container.

Cheers,
LongMan
(2016-12-13, 23:59)Montellese Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 23:17)rterblanche Wrote: Log file - https://paste.ubuntu.com/23620798/

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

First of all I'm not sure why you're URLs are double encoded which should not be the case IIRC.

Futhermore something might be wrong with your database because the log file contains the following error:
Quote:CMediaImportSettingsBase: failed to initialize settings
but I'll have to double check with an UPnP server as media provider myself.
What's the easiest way to reset the database without loosing my watched status. Export / import ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2016-12-14, 07:38)rterblanche Wrote: What's the easiest way to reset the database without loosing my watched status. Export / import ?

I always use a test database so I can simply delete the whole MyVideosXXX.db database. But you could start by trying to delete all media providers and media imports and then re-add them to see if it solves the problem.
(2016-12-14, 09:17)Montellese Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 07:38)rterblanche Wrote: What's the easiest way to reset the database without loosing my watched status. Export / import ?

I always use a test database so I can simply delete the whole MyVideosXXX.db database. But you could start by trying to delete all media providers and media imports and then re-add them to see if it solves the problem.
Have done that a few times on the raspberry's side. Do I have to do that on the main kodi library?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10