WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Did a bit of testing of the info dialog

Happy to report that there is no more crashing from the home screen widgets.

Tested using
  • LibreELEC Generic
  • Confluenece, (familarity, easy to spot a difference) and Estuary.
  • 3 video sources, one of each type currently available. Local, Kodi (via UPnP) and Emby on the same machine.
  • Movies, TV Shows, Episodes and Music Videos. The Artist widget only had watched/unwatched, no info button.

In all 3 cases there was no crash. However, the information in the dialog was different for the local files. For both the imports from Emby and from Kodi (via UPnP), a few buttons were disabled in confluence, and missing in Estuary. The buttons are Refresh and Trailer (movies). In the case of the refresh button, the path shows when it is selected in Estuary. The path is always visible in confluence. Play, Your Rating, Show Fanart, Same Director and Choose Art were the buttons common to all.

Had similar observations with the windows laptop but was unable to browse for network sources with smb, so wasn't able to test local files with it. The results for imported entries were the same

Some other observations

Happy to see just TV shows. (No more seasons and episodes.) Nice.

Poster and Fanart, for music video artists, are not imported from Emby. I know there are places for them in Kodi, because I see them for some of the artists. However, I am unsure of where they are from because they are different from the ones on the Emby server. Tbh I am not even sure how to get them directly into Kodi because the scrapper does not even pick up the artwork in the folder.

Was a bit surprised to see 3 entries of the same show for TV Shows. I expected the episodes from the second and third sources to the added to the show entry for the first. It actually happened partially in the case of one show. There was only two entries for that show with one having double entry for each episode.

There were three entries for each movie, and each music video. That I expected because I know you have not looked at duplicate entries yet. However, because TV Shows with episodes on multiple drives (or paths) are handled so elegantly, I was expecting TV Shows with multiple sources to the treated the same.

I also noticed while looking at the path in confluence that some Emby import items have a path that contain ...stream?MediaSourceId=... while others contain ...stream.mkv?MediaSourceId=... I bring this up becuase there is a neat little feature of Emby for Kodi which is not available with Media Import. The abilty to play .strm files from the Emby server using a Kodi plugin. I use it with You Tube .strm files for music videos. Somehow Emby for Kodi passes the stream details to Kodi which uses the appropriate plugin to play it. I know it works very well with You Tube .strm files, cannot speak for any other plugin. It is nice to just make a .strm file for a music video instead of downloading it. Hopefully play count is updated on YouTube. I know some Indie artists use their play count on YouTube to show their popularity.

I have a few other observations and suggestions from the previous build which I had forgotten. I will post them tomorrow.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
LongMan

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by LongMan - 2016-12-11, 02:21
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10