WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2017-04-28, 15:40)natethomas Wrote: It seems like this project is pretty far along, montellese. Would it make sense to PR it in and let the team work on any remaining bugs?

There are basically three problems with this right now (apart from any known/unknown bugs):
  1. I most likely won't have time to take care of any bugs and issues this would cause which would result in a huge additional burden on other developers.
  2. The implementation only covers videos and music hasn't been done yet.
  3. Right now the only way to write media imports is in C++. I would prefer it if we had a python add-on interface which would make it a lot easier for other people to write imports for Emby, Plex et al.

(2017-04-30, 11:20)Mettbrot Wrote: I don't know if Montellese is happy with the UPnP implementation as it is right now. I recall, he was considering moving the whole thing from platinum SDK to OhNet since platinum isnt really developed anymore.
This seems to be a huge amount of work though.. https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commits/ohnet
Maybe something for GSoC?
Well that's not really a necessity for this work. It would allow a bit more flexibility and additional integration like downloading imported items for offline viewing but the basics needed work fine with the existing platinum SDK.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by Montellese - 2017-04-30, 12:13
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10