WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Right now the UPnP importer simply uses UPnP paths which can already be resolved by Kodi. But this is a problem I'm aware of. We might need some kind of URL resolver plugin infrastructure which would allow a media importer plugin to also provide an URL resolver implementation and then use its own URLs for imported items.

As soon as I've finished my add-on settings work I'll come back to media importing (which should benefit from the add-on settings work) and then I'll look into how this could be done for python add-ons. Most of the things mentioned above should be straight forward but the Import() part requires that Kodi provides the plugin with a list of already imported items and AFAIK this hasn't been done anywhere in the existing plugin API yet. I'll let you know as soon as I've got something to work with / against.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by Montellese - 2017-05-23, 16:22
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10