• 25(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
A little bird told me that a project could very well be made to fully support Emby live tv in Kodi in a near future.
That is exciting news!
i'm using the kodi upnp server. accessing it with 3rd party upnp clients, so my question is not about library integration.

problem is that kodi upnp server does not make the album year available through upnp. assume this is a simple add? possible to include?

Sent from my iPhone
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Besides adding album year to be available over UPNP, would it also be possible to add a custom tag for disk number? Thanks in advance for considering. The UPNP implementation is really great and these two tags will make a big difference!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
(2017-07-09, 07:36)steve1977 Wrote: i'm using the kodi upnp server. accessing it with 3rd party upnp clients, so my question is not about library integration.

problem is that kodi upnp server does not make the album year available through upnp. assume this is a simple add? possible to include?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

(2017-07-11, 06:13)steve1977 Wrote: Besides adding album year to be available over UPNP, would it also be possible to add a custom tag for disk number? Thanks in advance for considering. The UPNP implementation is really great and these two tags will make a big difference!

Please create a separate thread for these suggestions. They are not directly related to the work of this project. I haven't really looked into music integration yet because it is missing a lot more library management functionality than the video library in core.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks @Montellese for your help. I have opened a new thread in the feature request section (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318071).

You are right that this is a separate request / topic. I am not looking for music library integration, which should be a major effort. I am looking for some smaller UPNP fixes, which may be easier to implement. Let me know if you need my help on trouble-shooting.
I've figured out why imported items are always removed and re-added instead of synced and updated and added a fix (which will probably need discussing with other team members / developers).

@Montellese. I noticed that you have changed the plugin from a Service, to a "Discover-able Service". Is that the solution you were referring to earlier?
(2017-07-16, 23:01)LongMan Wrote: I've figured out why imported items are always removed and re-added instead of synced and updated and added a fix (which will probably need discussing with other team members / developers).

@Montellese. I noticed that you have changed the plugin from a Service, to a "Discover-able Service". Is that the solution you were referring to earlier?

No but I realized that a media importer can consist of up to three different parts:
  1. A discovery service which detects potential media providers and tells Kodi about them
  2. A script capable of importing media items from a media provider
  3. A synchronisation service which detects changes to already imported media items and tells Kodi about them

That's why I've started renaming the "service" script to "discovery" service because there might also be a "synchronisation" service. Not every media importer has to implement all three of these parts though.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the explanation. Really looking forward to this.
This came up in another thread, but in reviewing this project, I realized it didn't seem to be a feature. Do you consider the handling of duplicate media to be part of a media importer's job, or is that a separate thing? For example, if someone had a local copy of Sintel, a plex copy of Sintel, and it was also on Netflix, would the library simply list 3 copies of Sintel, or would the library list Sintel once, and then when selected would give the option of selecting the preferred copy?

Is it possible that's more of a job for an improved library, which is being worked on elsewhere, hopefully still, I think. Smile
@natethomas.

The feature was discussed in
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...ht=rsanger
@natethomas: IMO this is not part of media importing. Media importing is simply about getting items from additional sources into the database. That being said I've looked into it before, see https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...file_items from 2014, and it's not that hard to get the basics working but getting all the special cases right is a huge pain in the ass. In the thread mentioned by LongMan I also discussed how best to implement this.
I have a RPi3 with OSMC/Kodi 17.4 with upnp library sharing enabled (wired connection to my router) and a RPi2 with OSMC wifi dongle as client. I understand this new approach is still in beta but will it be released with 18.0? I would really like to enjoy the benefits of using my upnp library as a library instead of using file mode.. and I can upload some debug logs if anything unexpected happens. But I do need a certain level of stability.. for when I'm not home but she is Smile
It has been a while since there has been any activity on this project. I understand that Montellese has not been able to find time for it. However, I really hope the project does not die because he has put a lot of time and love into it and  had made significant progress. In the last dev build, about a year ago, the Kodi to Kodi section was fine, and the Kodi to Emby section was showing great promise. Right now GitHub is showing no recent activity for 'Montellese' which suggest that his spare time might to little to none, because he would always comment, encourage or give some guidance in areas where he has knowledge eg. the JSON API on which DaveTBlake has recently submitted a PR.

Montellese, thanks for your efforts here. If you are unable to find the time, I hope it does not die.

Cheers,
LongMan
Bump
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10