WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2019-10-21, 20:07)LongMan Wrote:
(2019-10-18, 22:31)Montellese Wrote: The main thing I don't know how to get working is updating metadata on the Emby server from the add-on i.e. if the user has watched a movie from the Emby server in Kodi how to tell Emby that the item has been watched etc.
@sualfred
  • Can you or @angelblue05 shed some light on reporting to the server.
  • IIRC, Emby for Kodi was doing that until version 3 or 4. Why did the method used changed?
  • Is it still possible to do it this way? If not, how should playback be handled?

Cheers 
I found the following thread in the Emby developer sub-forum https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...-position/ which is exactly what I used in the initial C++ implementation of the Emby media importer. I also found a "POST /Items/{ItemId}" endpoint which seems to allow changing any property of an item. But I didn't manage to get it to work properly yet.

Maybe I'll try my luck with
  • POST /Users/{UserId}/PlayedItems/{Id} for marking an item as watched
  • DELETE /Users/{UserId}/PlayedItems/{Id} for marking an item as unwatched
  • DELETE ​/Users​/{UserId}​/PlayingItems​/{Id} for setting the resume point of an item
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, ...) - by Montellese - 2019-10-22, 00:03
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10