• 39(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Quote:I've also started rebasing onto latest master (with Python 3 support) but I guess I'll have to adjust quite a few things in the add-ons...

I installed the Test Build and the PY3 branch of the emby importer. Got an error message shortly after start but other than that it worked fine. Actually the best so far. Great work. Really Appreciate it. The logs..,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ZKg5cE...sp=sharing

Edit: All items played checked in successfully, and all resume points were also stored successfully. Tested Movie, TV Show And music video from each server.
@LongMan thanks for the feedback. Looking at the logs the error you got during startup was from plugin.video.emby because it is not (fully) python 3 compatible. I'm guessing this is to be expected. There are no Python-related errors originating from mediaimporter.emby.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Montellese As it seems, you are advancing really, really nicely with this new feature, do you have any plans to PR this to Kodi Master anytime soon?
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
@Montellese,
A couple  of observations,

• There seems to be no way to edit the settings of a provider once it has been configured.
    •  A Configure... button/context menu item for each provider could be useful if one wants to change the ip address or port of the server.
  • With rework of the media sources tree, there is no way to see all imports from all configured providers.
  • Startup sync seems relatively long compared to Emby for Kodi.
    • Are using the changeset from Kodi Companion (Emby) or Kodi Sync Queue (Jellyfin) for the startup sync?
  • Looks like there are no movie sets present.
    • Are you syncing collections from the servers?
      • In Emby collections can be custom so a single movie can be in more than one collection.
        • However, in Emby for Kodi, a movie only appears in the last collection in which it is found.
          • Not sure, but that could just be due to overwriting the data as the collections are synced.
        • I think in newer versions of Emby, you can pull collections by Library.
        • Maybe @Angelbue05 could chine in there.
      • For Jellyfin, I suspect collections may be equivalent to movie sets in Kodi because their plugin, from its name, sounds like it is just pulling the TMDb boxsets.

Other that what's mentioned above, and the three of four items mentioned previously,

• External Subtiles
    • Thanks @angelblue05 for the explanation
    • I suspect the question about labelling the external subtitles, appended the to a stream using the Kodi listitem api, may be more one for @FernetMenta/@fritsch , than it is for you.
  • Playing strm files
  • Refreshing individual items
  • Individual Client Name (Already Implemented).

I am ready to use this. You have made tremendous progress in the last two and a half months. Loving this.

Cheers,
LongMan
(2020-01-03, 11:35)M4tt0 Wrote: @Montellese As it seems, you are advancing really, really nicely with this new feature, do you have any plans to PR this to Kodi Master anytime soon?
Right now I'm trying to create separate pull requests for all changes which are not media import specific because that automatically reduces the size of work in progress.

The problem with PRing this to Kodi master is that I don't want to drop a huge new system into the code base with nobody else in the team supporting it (actively). I can never promise that I have any or a specific amount of time to work on bugs / issues and I don't want to increase the support burden of the rest of the team. Therefore I'll have to discuss this internally in the team. There are still some known issues which need to be fixed before this is ready but obviously I would love it if it would make it into Kodi master someday.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese,

• There seems to be no way to edit the settings of a provider once it has been configured.
    •  A Configure... button/context menu item for each provider could be useful if one wants to change the ip address or port of the server.

The "Information" dialog allows you to edit the authentication settings but yes I've never thought about modifying the base URL. The problem with that is that it will require updating all paths linked to the items so you are more or less re-synchronizing the whole library. But maybe there are better ways.
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: With rework of the media sources tree, there is no way to see all imports from all configured providers.
That is correct. As mentioned before we'll have to revisit the whole hierarchy at some point.
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: Startup sync seems relatively long compared to Emby for Kodi.
  • Are using the changeset from Kodi Companion (Emby) or Kodi Sync Queue (Jellyfin) for the startup sync?

I'm not using any special features of Emby or Jellyfin. Right now on every sync / import I get all library items and let the media import logic figure out whether something has changed or not. If there is a better way to do this I'm open for suggestions.
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: Looks like there are no movie sets present.

No I didn't find anything in the code but I also didn't find anything obvious in the library data retrieved from the server. I just looked at my test library and it doesn't contain any collections even though there are quite a few movies which would belong to at least one collection. Do I have to do anything special to get collections working?
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote:  
  • In Emby collections can be custom so a single movie can be in more than one collection.
    • However, in Emby for Kodi, a movie only appears in the last collection in which it is found.
      • Not sure, but that could just be due to overwriting the data as the collections are synced.
  • For Jellyfin, I suspect collections may be equivalent to movie sets in Kodi because their plugin, from its name, sounds like it is just pulling the TMDb boxsets.

Kodi only supports one collection per movie so that's why Emby for Kodi cannot do any better.

(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: Other that what's mentioned above, and the three of four items mentioned previously,

• External Subtiles
    • I suspect the question about labelling the external subtitles, appended the to a stream using the Kodi listitem api, may be more one for @FernetMenta/@fritsch , than it is for you.
  • Playing strm files

I am ready to use this. You have made tremendous progress in the last two and a half months. Loving this. 
Thanks again for your feedback and support. It's much appreciated.

I've been thinking about starting to use the issues on the add-on's github repositories to better track specific bugs / issues / features. This thread contains a lot of valuable feedback and ideas but they tend to get lost. So feel free to create new issues at https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimporter.emby/issues and https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimporter.plex/issues. I've created some labels to be able to better track bugs / improvements etc.
(2020-01-03, 20:58)Montellese Wrote: The problem with PRing this to Kodi master is that I don't want to drop a huge new system into the code base with nobody else in the team supporting it (actively). I can never promise that I have any or a specific amount of time to work on bugs / issues and I don't want to increase the support burden of the rest of the team. Therefore I'll have to discuss this internally in the team. There are still some known issues which need to be fixed before this is ready but obviously I would love it if it would make it into Kodi master someday.
Understood and appreciated. My hope was to get this into nightlies, which would have allowed your feature to propagate further into LE and CE builds, allowing me (and others) to test it as well. But again, I fully understand your very considered approach. Many thanks for moving this forward, especially in light of the limited time you have for this, and also to @LongMan for testing and reporting so diligently.
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
@M4tt0,
Milhouse has done builds of MediaImport before maybe he will do it again.

@Montellese,
I made a GitHub account, Long-Man and created some issues. First time doing it, hope I got it right.

Edit:
It seems like android and Linux/LibreELEC are the most popular deployments of Kodi. If possible could those be included for the next test build?
@LongMan thanks I'll take a look at the issues.

Concerning test builds Jenkins can provide Windows, OSX, IOS and Android (ARM, ARM64, X86). It can build Linux but doesn't upload anything. For LibreLibreElec we would need the help of e.g. @Milhouse.

I will provide new test builds once I've fixed an annoying issue with the settings dialog...
Quote:Concerning test builds Jenkins can provide Windows, OSX, IOS and Android (ARM, ARM64, X86). It can build Linux but doesn't upload anything. For LibreLibreElec we would need the help of e.g. @Milhouse.
 The @Milhouse builds would be quite useful for me too. It would be much easier to test with multiple clients. I have a few unused Raspberry Pi's and I could use a thumb drive temporarily on a NUC when no one is using it.
(2020-01-03, 21:25)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese,

The "Information" dialog allows you to edit the authentication settings but yes I've never thought about modifying the base URL. The problem with that is that it will require updating all paths linked to the items so you are more or less re-synchronizing the whole library. But maybe there are better ways.
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: With rework of the media sources tree, there is no way to see all imports from all configured providers.
That is correct. As mentioned before we'll have to revisit the whole hierarchy at some point.
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: Startup sync seems relatively long compared to Emby for Kodi.

I'm not using any special features of Emby or Jellyfin. Right now on every sync / import I get all library items and let the media import logic figure out whether something has changed or not. If there is a better way to do this I'm open for suggestions.
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: Looks like there are no movie sets present.

No I didn't find anything in the code but I also didn't find anything obvious in the library data retrieved from the server. I just looked at my test library and it doesn't contain any collections even though there are quite a few movies which would belong to at least one collection. Do I have to do anything special to get collections working?
(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote:  

Kodi only supports one collection per movie so that's why Emby for Kodi cannot do any better.

(2020-01-03, 14:27)LongMan Wrote: Other that what's mentioned above, and the three of four items mentioned previously,

• External Subtiles
  • Playing strm files

Thanks again for your feedback and support. It's much appreciated.

I've been thinking about starting to use the issues on the add-on's github repositories to better track specific bugs / issues / features. This thread contains a lot of valuable feedback and ideas but they tend to get lost. So feel free to create new issues at https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimporter.emby/issues and https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimporter.plex/issues. I've created some labels to be able to better track bugs / improvements etc.   

Hey Montelesse,

Where do you suggest issues that target your media importer "fork" (not related to addons) should be open? github.com/Montellese/xbmc?

Keep up the great work

edit: Saw that you open issues there for your own roadmap/project. Posted my issue there, feel free to close/ignore.
(2020-01-05, 16:45)enen92 Wrote: Hey Montelesse,

Where do you suggest issues that target your media importer "fork" (not related to addons) should be open? github.com/Montellese/xbmc?

Keep up the great work

edit: Saw that you open issues there for your own roadmap/project. Posted my issue there, feel free to close/ignore. 
Yes that's the right place. I also had to start writing down known issues...
Hey together,
i am searching for an addon to add upnp source to the kodi library on my firetv.

I read your post of 2015 and i am glad to read, that you try to finish it.

My dlna server is a gerbera (mediatomb fork) on a centos 8 box.

I really want to try your testbuild, but the link is dead.

My question, is this build an addon or a whole kodi version?

greetings from germany
(2020-01-06, 22:48)Niene Wrote: Hey together,
i am searching for an addon to add upnp source to the kodi library on my firetv.

greetings from germany
Thanks for your interest.

In general for media import to be supported you need a test build from this thread. Then it depends on where you want to import from:
  • UPnP is supported out of the box. But only UPnP servers which support searching for specific media types (movies, tvshows, ...) are supported.
  • Emby / Jellyfin requires the mediaimporter.emby add-on
  • Plex requires the mediaimporter.plex add-on

I will post new test builds once I've fixed an annoying bug.

What platform would you require a test build for?
(2020-01-07, 23:58)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 22:48)Niene Wrote: Hey together,

greetings from germany
Thanks for your interest.

In general for media import to be supported you need a test build from this thread. Then it depends on where you want to import from:
  • UPnP is supported out of the box. But only UPnP servers which support searching for specific media types (movies, tvshows, ...) are supported.
  • Emby / Jellyfin requires the mediaimporter.emby add-on
  • Plex requires the mediaimporter.plex add-on

I will post new test builds once I've fixed an annoying bug.

What platform would you require a test build for? 

Hi,
that sounds great,
my kodi runs on a firetv  stick, so i think it is armv7 32 bit. I have two, one 4k the other normal. but i think both was armv7.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10