• 41(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Hi @Montellese  - I tried this and ran into a database issue when adding the server.  Log is here:
https://pastebin.com/i801pHj4

I have a totally empty library - tried adding one movie locally but it didn't help..
(2020-01-11, 18:08)xnappo Wrote: Hi @Montellese  - I tried this and ran into a database issue when adding the server.  Log is here:
https://pastebin.com/i801pHj4

I have a totally empty library - tried adding one movie locally but it didn't help..

Looks like you're running into the same issues as reported by @Milhouse which results in an invalid database. This only happens with MySQL. I'll fix it ASAP.

Thanks for your interest and feedback!
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-01-11, 17:15)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 23:14)Norin_Radd Wrote: i thought so, i asked around in the forum already, but now iam going to ask again. Wink

and what about external subtitles from jellyfin any news? Smile 
@LongMan has created a feature request at https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimpor...y/issues/4. But for me it's very low priority because I don't use subtitles at all and the workaround involves having to download the subtitles manually, rename them and feed them back to Kodi which sounds ugly... 

hum, for me because iam portuguese its a very important thing, i can follow quite well english movies, but i always prefer to use subtitles in english along with it or in portuguese, its easier to understand the movies or series.

I use an automatic subtitle downloader and renamer which puts the subtitles on the right folders, which are on my jellyfin libraries, it would be nice if i could use them, that would allow me not to use subtitles addons... another thing, i have some movies rips which have their internal subtitles but i think those are not working either.

i don´t know if i can name the program because of forum rules, but i suppose subtitles programs don´t break any rules, ill leave it here, its bazarr, it would make your life easier to test external subtitles and would save you a lot of time.

I would really appreciate if you could look into it when you have time after more important stuff on your project.

about the debug log, ill test it later and will report back.

I don´t know if iam helping much with my tests but at least iam trying.
Current setup: SONY XG8096
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
Quote:i have some movies rips which have their internal subtitles but i think those are not working either.

Internal Subtitles work. I just tested a DVD rip, a BluRay rip, a PVR recording transcoded to mkv, and a mkv with a srt subtitle file muxed in. All worked. If it is critical to you you could use mkvmerge to embed your subtitle file into an mkv.
(2020-01-11, 23:59)Norin_Radd Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 17:15)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 23:14)Norin_Radd Wrote: i thought so, i asked around in the forum already, but now iam going to ask again. Wink

and what about external subtitles from jellyfin any news? Smile 
@LongMan has created a feature request at https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimpor...y/issues/4. But for me it's very low priority because I don't use subtitles at all and the workaround involves having to download the subtitles manually, rename them and feed them back to Kodi which sounds ugly...  

hum, for me because iam portuguese its a very important thing, i can follow quite well english movies, but i always prefer to use subtitles in english along with it or in portuguese, its easier to understand the movies or series.

I use an automatic subtitle downloader and renamer which puts the subtitles on the right folders, which are on my jellyfin libraries, it would be nice if i could use them, that would allow me not to use subtitles addons... another thing, i have some movies rips which have their internal subtitles but i think those are not working either.

i don´t know if i can name the program because of forum rules, but i suppose subtitles programs don´t break any rules, ill leave it here, its bazarr, it would make your life easier to test external subtitles and would save you a lot of time.

I would really appreciate if you could look into it when you have time after more important stuff on your project.

Any feedback is helping so thanks for that.

If built-in Kodi support for external subtitles would be better I would be more interested in working on this bug having to do an ugly workaround is not high on my priority list Undecided
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-01-12, 00:41)LongMan Wrote:
Quote:i have some movies rips which have their internal subtitles but i think those are not working either.

Internal Subtitles work. I just tested a DVD rip, a BluRay rip, a PVR recording transcoded to mkv, and a mkv with a srt subtitle file muxed in. All worked. If it is critical to you you could use mkvmerge to embed your subtitle file into an mkv.  
hum, maybe i tested the wrong rips. I would prefer not to embed the subtitles, but thank you for the notice, which was helpful.

edit: @LongMan embedding is not the same as hardcoded subtitles it is not? I checked with a series and you are right. I must test that, sounds a very good option, thank you.
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
(2020-01-12, 02:01)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 23:59)Norin_Radd Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 17:15)Montellese Wrote: @LongMan has created a feature request at https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimpor...y/issues/4. But for me it's very low priority because I don't use subtitles at all and the workaround involves having to download the subtitles manually, rename them and feed them back to Kodi which sounds ugly...  

Any feedback is helping so thanks for that.

If built-in Kodi support for external subtitles would be better I would be more interested in working on this bug having to do an ugly workaround is not high on my priority list Undecided  

no problem, don´t bother, will wait for it i just had to ask eheheh.

edit: afterall there is no problem with import... yesterday was too late and i didn´t notice the add import button. sorry, everything is smooth.
@Milhouse I've solved the MySQL database creation / migration issues you reported and a few (nastier) more and tested them on my own MySQL database.

I've triggered new test builds at https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Automation/...hoice/332/ which should finish in a few hours.

As a heads-up
  • mediaimporter.emby will support direct play if the actual path is directly accessible through Kodi's VFS. Right now it always uses direct stream (through the Emby server).
  • mediaimporter.plex will soon have improved detection of the best URL to connect to a PMS including relays (the user will be asked if using a relay is acceptable or not).
(2020-01-12, 02:08)Norin_Radd Wrote: edit: @LongMan embedding is not the same as hardcoded subtitles it is not? I checked with a series and you are right. I must test that, sounds a very good option, thank you. 
In MKVs there are no hardcoded subtitles (unless they have already been hardcoded into the video stream). You can optionally specify a default / forced subtitle.
(2020-01-12, 03:12)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 02:08)Norin_Radd Wrote: edit: @LongMan embedding is not the same as hardcoded subtitles it is not? I checked with a series and you are right. I must test that, sounds a very good option, thank you. 
In MKVs there are no hardcoded subtitles (unless they have already been hardcoded into the video stream). You can optionally specify a default / forced subtitle. 

thanks for the info, that seems a good solution.
(2020-01-10, 10:01)Niene Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 08:51)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 04:37)Norin_Radd Wrote: tried with new build and updated addon

movies play, but with this build i no longer can use embuary skin nor skinshortcuts or any subtitles addons work.

new log: https://paste.kodi.tv/gufaquxuno.kodi
That's because the new test builds are based on a recent Kodi master where Kodi has migrated from Python 2 to Python 3 for add-ons (since Python 2 will be EOL soon). The problem now is that a lot of add-ons are not yet (fully) Python 3 compatible so they won't work until their authors update them. 
Hello together,
thx for the build. I want to give linux x86 or 64 a chance. So i register to github and want to download and compile it for linux x64.
I am not a github pro, i found the wiki, howto build kodi for linux, but how can i get your fork?

In the meantime i install all the dependencies to compile kodi on fedora 30

You need to clone my fork using git clone https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc.git and then you need to checkout the following branch: media_import_rebase_20200101

Alternatively if you have already cloned the official repository from xbmc/xbmc you can also add my fork as a new git remote using gig remote add Montellese https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc.git. After that just follow the usual build instructions.

Please install the media import repository and install / update the media importer add-ons from there. This way you should get all necessary dependencies.

Changelog
  • Fixed database creation / migration for MySQL
  • mediaimporter.emby now supports direct play and direct stream
(2020-01-12, 03:11)Montellese Wrote: @Milhouse I've solved the MySQL database creation / migration issues you reported and a few (nastier) more and tested them on my own MySQL database.

I've triggered new test builds at https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Automation/...hoice/332/ which should finish in a few hours.

Thanks - the MyVideos116 database has now migrated successfully.

LibreELEC build #0111w: RPi, RPi2, Generic
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2020-01-12, 20:59)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 03:11)Montellese Wrote: @Milhouse I've solved the MySQL database creation / migration issues you reported and a few (nastier) more and tested them on my own MySQL database.

Thanks - the MyVideos116 database has now migrated successfully.

LibreELEC build #0111w: RPi, RPi2, Generic 
Great, thanks a lot for your support.
erm, i have yet another question

iam having trouble streaming 4k and 1080p movies, movies bigger then 15gb i cannot stream they freeze and stop a lot.

how can i test this to see what is the issue.

i have 100 mb speed.

edit: i have seen the change log ill test it in about an hour.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10