• 44(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2020-01-22, 19:32)sualfred Wrote: @Montellese 

Tested the new ones but widget playback has not been changed on my end.
And playback reporting on the server is also not working. Somtimes I see "started playback of XXX" and then it's stopped on the server within a sec without stopping it on Kodi. Sometimes it's nothing reporting at all.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/VTFfjsHGsd/
Thanks for the feedback. From your log file I see the following:
  • You first played "12 Monkeys". There are only 600ms between start and stop. Playback seems to have happened 20 seconds earlier. mediaimporter.emby successfully reported playback start, one seek event and playback stopped to your Emby server. I have no idea why there is such a delay between the actual playback and the time mediaimporter.emby gets the callbacks from Kodi.
  • You then played "Pirates of the Caribbean - Am Ende der Welt". The pattern is the same as before with 10 seconds between actual playback and the time mediaimporter.emby gets the callbacks from Kodi.
  • There's an exception in mediaimporter.emby's player implementation which caused the whole player thread to crash. After that playback checkins didn't work anymore.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Please use the pre-installed media import repository to install / update the media importer add-ons from there. This way you should get all necessary dependencies.

ATTENTION: If you were running a previous test-build delete your MyVideosxXX.db.

Changelog
  • General
    • Support importing movie sets together with movies
    • Fix updating playback metadata on the media provider when having played a video from a widget
  • mediaimporter.emby
    • Fix importing clearlogo artwork
    • Import the following additional artwork: clearart, banner, landscape, discart
    • Fix reporting playback progress to the Emby server
    • Import movie sets together with movies
  • mediaimporter.plex
    • Support reporting playback progress / status to PMS (thanks to @enen92)
    • Improve PMS access URL detection (including relays)
    • Import movie sets together with movies
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-01-22, 19:32)sualfred Wrote: @Montellese 

Tested the new ones but widget playback has not been changed on my end.
And playback reporting on the server is also not working. Somtimes I see "started playback of XXX" and then it's stopped on the server within a sec without stopping it on Kodi. Sometimes it's nothing reporting at all.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/VTFfjsHGsd/
I've tested it again on my setup and apart from confirming (and fixing) the crash everything works perfectly fine here. Playback checkins show up immediately on the Emby server and playback metadata is updated on the Emby server when the video is played from a widget...
Started from scratch and now it's working. Weird.

Edit:
@Montellese 
Problem is back. It was working for movies. Then I've started the sync of my TV shows and went eating and let my PC idle for 30 minutes. When I was back I've started a episode playback from a widget -> no progress reporting to the server. Doesn't matter if playback of a movie/episode has been started from widgets or from library. 

But what I've noticed on the server is... that items were changed to inprogress after I tried a few other ones.

Example:
1. Movie#1
2. Stopped movie#1
3. Movie#2
3. Stopped movie#2
4. Movie#3
5. Stopped movie#3

-> Movie#1 got updated on the server and a message appeared "User has stopped Movie#1" but I saw no ongoing playback while I was watching it. 

Log:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/WJFXydmS8X/
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Ok.. it IS reporting to the server. After exactly 29-30s of a playback. No matter if starting from the beginning or resuming an item. If I interupt the playback before it's correctly reporting -> hicups and semi-async.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
(2020-01-23, 20:01)sualfred Wrote: Ok.. it IS reporting to the server. After exactly 29-30s of a playback. No matter if starting from the beginning or resuming an item. If I interupt the playback before it's correctly reporting -> hicups and semi-async.
That matches what I saw in your original log file. The question is why it is taking so long for the playback callbacks to be executed. On my dev system it takes approximately half a second or less.
It was this fast after I just synced movies. The issue reappeared after I've added my TV shows (~6500 episodes). It is somehow related. Once I remove my TV show import -> issue gone
(2020-01-23, 22:33)sualfred Wrote: It was this fast after I just synced movies. The issue reappeared after I've added my TV shows (~6500 episodes). It is somehow related. Once I remove my TV show import -> issue gone
Is the import for TV shows running while you play your movies or did you finish importing TV shows and then started playing movies?
I waited until the import was done. Also restarted Kodi and waited for the sync.
(2020-01-24, 07:09)sualfred Wrote: I waited until the import was done. Also restarted Kodi and waited for the sync.
OK thanks for the feedback. I think I know what the issue is. Right now when playback starts the add-on receives the player callbacks and it has to figure out if the item being played is an imported item or not. Right now there's no easy way to do this in the python API so the add-on has to retrieve ALL imported items and go through them to check if the one being played is imported and from which media provider. In my test library with a hundred or so movies and a few hundred episodes that's pretty fast. But @enen92 has already pointed out that it might be very slow. I guess this is what's causing the long delay in your setup.

I'll add some more methods to the python API to be able to speed up this process and will let you know once it's available for testing.
Sounds like an explanation. Wrote you in Slack if you need a test server with such an amount of library items.
(2020-01-24, 11:31)sualfred Wrote: Sounds like an explanation. Wrote you in Slack if you need a test server with such an amount of library items.

I have access to Keith's server but it has far too many items in it. So one with a reasonably large library would be great.
sent you details on slack
I know the story but I will post his comment.

bgx from the Emby forum wrote
Quote:Would love to see music as import also... ;-)
Hi,

after playing a bit around I totally love this way of integration in kodi. As workaround for music I had add the emby music library as dlna into kodi. 

Keep up the fantastic work. When you need something to test let me know. Before I was testing with angelblue05... 

I just installed it on my production system and absolutely love it. Thx.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10