• 49(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
I've created a new release of mediaimporter.emby with the following changelog:
  • fix playback stopped / ended callback handling
  • fix reporting of playback resume point when playback stopped
  • process UNC / DVD / Blu-Ray paths before passing them to Kodi
  • improve mapping of studios, overviews, MPAA and video / audio streams
  • redact HTTP request bodies that might contain a password
  • download the server's icon to avoid unsupported HTTP HEAD requests
  • support displaying server messages as notifications

In the meantime I'm working on the following things for mediaimporter.emby:
  • fast (re-)synchronization: this is basically finished but I'm waiting on feedback from a tester. If anyone else is willing to test this let me know.
  • reduce the number of authentications: this is also basically finished but not well tested yet. It stores the access token provided by Emby in the media provider's settings. If any request to the Emby server fails due to authentication it will force a new authentication to get a new access token.
  • Emby Connect: I want to add basic support for Emby Connect (e.g. when manually adding a new Emby media provider). I just started to read the available documentation on it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-03-02, 10:55)Montellese Wrote:
  • fast (re-)synchronization: this is basically finished but I'm waiting on feedback from a tester. If anyone else is willing to test this let me know.

I would like to test.

Keep up the good work and I'm waiting paitently for integration of music library...
(2020-03-09, 10:17)bg_x Wrote:
(2020-03-02, 10:55)Montellese Wrote:  

I would like to test.
Thanks for your help. @sualfred has already tested it but more feedback is always welcome. You can download the proper version from https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr58iadjfeer1v...y.zip?dl=1.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Montellese,

Got the latest build to give a spin. It imports movies and music videos but doesn't import tvshows. 
I see that you are engaged to the logging PR, but when have a minute could you take a look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JtIRE0f...sp=sharing
Too large for pastebin
(2020-03-14, 01:18)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese,

Got the latest build to give a spin. It imports movies and music videos but doesn't import tvshows. 
I see that you are engaged to the logging PR, but when have a minute could you take a look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JtIRE0f...sp=sharing
Too large for pastebin
Thanks for the report and the logs. I took a look and didn't see anything that would indicate that it tried to import tvshows at all. The add-on only sees import requests for movies/sets ans musicvideos.

I only found this log message:
Code:
WARNING: CMediaImportManager: unable to import from emby://2eeaab0437d14705b82f145170b0f589/ (tvshow, season, episode)

Is it possible that you configured your tvshows import to not automatically synchronize? That's the only time this log message should appear. And yes that's misleading and I'll improve it.
Did you try to manually synchronize your tvshows import as well through its context menu?
You're right, it was set to manual. I guess I did that when it was crashing. I will let it sync and report back.
(2020-02-01, 15:21)Wanilton Wrote:
Code:
2020-02-01 09:26:51.361 T:47268   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos118.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (no such column: movie_view.c0)
                                            Query: select * from movie_view  WHERE ((movie_view.c0 LIKE '%aladdin%'))
2020-02-01 09:26:51.361 T:47268   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere failed
2020-02-01 09:26:51.378 T:47268   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos118.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (no such column: tvshow_view.c0)
                                            Query: SELECT * FROM tvshow_view  WHERE ((tvshow_view.c0 LIKE '%aladdin%'))
2020-02-01 09:26:51.378 T:47268   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowsByWhere failed
2020-02-01 09:26:51.383 T:47268   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos118.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (no such column: episode_view.c0)
                                            Query: select * from episode_view  WHERE ((episode_view.c0 LIKE '%aladdin%'))
2020-02-01 09:26:51.383 T:47268   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodesByWhere failed
2020-02-01 09:26:51.397 T:47268   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos118.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (no such column: musicvideo_view.c0)
                                            Query: select * from musicvideo_view  WHERE ((musicvideo_view.c0 LIKE '%aladdin%'))
2020-02-01 09:26:51.397 T:47268   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMusicVideosByWhere failed

Did you ever find a Kodi fix for this? I just noticed an .xsp to list specific tv shows with unwatched episodes I made is not working anymore with the same error as above. It's causing the WAF to decrease and that's never a good thing! Rolling back my libfmt-dev from 6.1.2 to 5.3.0 worked but was hoping for a Kodi solution/patch.
I continue using the previous, wait for a proper solution by Kodi team.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-03-15, 20:04)Wanilton Wrote: I continue using the previous, wait for a proper solution by Kodi team.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17351 solves the issue and has been merged on March 1st but my last rebase of media import is from February 25th. So Kodi master is fine again but I will have to rebase media import to at least March 1st to get the necessary fix.
I tried installing the version with fast resynchronisation, because it took a couple of hours for it to finish after I started Kodi before. But I see no change in speed. Don't know if there is anything else I can do to speed this up? But it still says version 0.07, or should this version number be increased? I just replaced the folder in AddOns folder.
@raptorjr 

The initial full sync is still required. And you also have to install the Emby server plugin "Kodi Companion" if not happened yet.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
@raptorjr and you need to enable fast sync / using the Kodi companion add-on in the settings of your media provider.
Thank you for the suggestions. I have Kodi Companion versiojn 2.1.4 installed. I see that there was a new version available, but failed to install. Is 2.1.4 enough?
But I have no setting to enable fast resync, not in Emby or the Media Importer. Can't even choose Configure in Kodi for the Addon.
@raptorj,
It is working for me. Here is what I have.

Emby Server 4.3.1.0
Kodi Companion 2.1.6.0

KodiMediaImportBuild-20200228 from here
mediaimporter.emby from post 723 in the thread.
Settings>Media Sources>MyEmbyServer (You need to choose Information from the Context Menu to get the settings)>Synchronization>Use Kodi Companion Server Server Plugin (Enabled)

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
LongMan
(2020-03-18, 19:25)LongMan Wrote: @raptorj,
It is working for me. Here is what I have.

Emby Server 4.3.1.0
Kodi Companion 2.1.6.0

KodiMediaImportBuild-20200228 from heremediaimporter.emby from post 723 in the thread.
Settings>Media Sources>MyEmbyServer (You need to choose Information from the Context Menu to get the settings)>Synchronization>Use Kodi Companion Server Server Plugin (Enabled)

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
LongMan

Thank you. Everything look good there. 

But there is something wrong somewhere, but I really don't know what.

My log fills up with this:

2020-03-18 18:47:04.293 T:1392   ERROR: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Username/password combination was not accepted by "\\tvdator\multimedia" when trying to connect without username and without password
2020-03-18 18:47:04.949 T:8544 WARNING: [mediaimporter.emby] [observer] unknown exception when receiving data from "tvdator" (emby://fc2dcbc85b2142f58b406de80a95d310/): socket is already closed.

But what username/password is that? Because I tested the authentication to my Emby server and that test is ok. Is there another place where I need to fill out username/password?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10