• 50(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
No. You only need username and password in one place.
Post a debug log so that Montellese could take a look when he has some time.
(2020-03-18, 19:52)raptorjr Wrote: My log fills up with this:

2020-03-18 18:47:04.293 T:1392   ERROR: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Username/password combination was not accepted by "\\tvdator\multimedia" when trying to connect without username and without password
2020-03-18 18:47:04.949 T:8544 WARNING: [mediaimporter.emby][observer] unknown exception when receiving data from "tvdator" (emby://fc2dcbc85b2142f58b406de80a95d310/): socket is already closed.

But what username/password is that? Because I tested the authentication to my Emby server and that test is ok. Is there another place where I need to fill out username/password? 
This sounds like your SMB / UNC paths on Emby require a username / password (independent from your Emby account) which is not available to Kodi.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@raptorj,
If your are running on a lan, try to add the file source to Kodi to see if it can access the files. You are not trying to scan the source into the library, just to test if Kodi can access the files and if it is getting the same path from Emby.
Alternately, turn off allow local Playback and force a full re-synchronization.

The link from Emby for Kodi Wiki might help
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.v...cate-files
(2020-03-19, 14:35)LongMan Wrote: @raptorj,
If your are running on a lan, try to add the file source to Kodi to see if it can access the files. You are not trying to scan the source into the library, just to test if Kodi can access the files and if it is getting the same path from Emby.
Alternately, turn off allow local Playback and force a full re-synchronization.

The link from Emby for Kodi Wiki might help
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.v...cate-files
Thank you for all help. I just turned off Direct playback, fastest and easiest. I have another video source with direct access to the files, and Emby have access to the files. So I don't really know where to change the access.

But do I really loose something with disabling local playback? Otherwise this is good enough for me.
Quote:But do I really loose something with disabling local playback?
Playback starts faster with direct file access and there are some addons that require it. I don't use any of them so playback method doesn't matter to me. From what I can see playback starts very quickly whichever method is used.

Cheers.

Please use the pre-installed media import repository to install / update the media importer add-ons from there. This way you should get all necessary dependencies.

ATTENTION: If you were running a previous test-build delete your MyVideosxXX.db.

Changelog
  • General
  • mediaimporter.emby v0.0.7
    • reduce authentication requests
    • convert all unique ID keys to lowercase
    • import critic rating as tomatometerallcritics
    • import local or remote trailer
    • fix exceptions / crashes when playing non-imported videos
    • support authentication with Emby Connect
    • support fast synchronization after a successful initial full synchronization
    • add an import-specific setting to force a full synchronization
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
RPi: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...eb6e84.tar
RPi2: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...eb6e84.tar
Generic: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...eb6e84.tar
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse thanks as always.
@Montellese and @Milhouse,  Thanks for the updates.

Montellese can you do a tvOS build? there was a request for it in the Emby forums.
(2020-03-26, 14:36)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese and @Milhouse,  Thanks for the updates.

Montellese can you do a tvOS build? there was a request for it in the Emby forums.
It's building at https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/TVOS/2890/.
(2020-03-26, 17:45)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 14:36)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese and @Milhouse,  Thanks for the updates.

It's building at https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/TVOS/2890/
Thanks. Build posted in Emby forums
So I was thinking that the Windows version of this worked pretty good and now I would try it on my Pi3, but got a problem when trying to install Emby Media Importer. I downloaded the latest Pi2 image, but maybe I need to clean up or remove some old stuff first?

Here is the error:

2020-03-28 01:51:59.738 T:646   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing 'mediaimporter.emby' version '0.0.7' from repository 'repository.mediaimport'
2020-03-28 01:51:59.752 T:1132   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.dateutil]: requires xbmc.python version 2.25.0 which is not available
2020-03-28 01:51:59.753 T:1132   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[mediaimporter.emby]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied.

I didn't have that kind of error on the Windows version. Although I haven't tried the latest, but when I first installed and tested the MediaImporter build.
(2020-03-28, 03:03)raptorjr Wrote: So I was thinking that the Windows version of this worked pretty good and now I would try it on my Pi3, but got a problem when trying to install Emby Media Importer. I downloaded the latest Pi2 image, but maybe I need to clean up or remove some old stuff first?

Here is the error:

2020-03-28 01:51:59.738 T:646   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing 'mediaimporter.emby' version '0.0.7' from repository 'repository.mediaimport'
2020-03-28 01:51:59.752 T:1132   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.dateutil]: requires xbmc.python version 2.25.0 which is not available
2020-03-28 01:51:59.753 T:1132   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[mediaimporter.emby]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied.

I didn't have that kind of error on the Windows version. Although I haven't tried the latest, but when I first installed and tested the MediaImporter build.
At one point I also had some issues on Windows due to the currently active migration from Python 2 to Python 3 add-ons and I had to manually update one of the dependencies. No idea why it wasn't automatically updated. You can go to the add-on browser, find the mediaimporter.emby add-on and look at its dependencies. There you can e.g. click on script.module.dateutil and try to update it manually.

Unfortunately I don't really know how the Python 2 to 3 migration works. I simply updated the dependency of mediaimporter.emby on xbmc.python to 3.0.0 because otherwise it wouldn't work anymore.
(2020-03-28, 09:16)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 03:03)raptorjr Wrote: So I was thinking that the Windows version of this worked pretty good and now I would try it on my Pi3, but got a problem when trying to install Emby Media Importer. I downloaded the latest Pi2 image, but maybe I need to clean up or remove some old stuff first?

Here is the error:

At one point I also had some issues on Windows due to the currently active migration from Python 2 to Python 3 add-ons and I had to manually update one of the dependencies. No idea why it wasn't automatically updated. You can go to the add-on browser, find the mediaimporter.emby add-on and look at its dependencies. There you can e.g. click on script.module.dateutil and try to update it manually.

Unfortunately I don't really know how the Python 2 to 3 migration works. I simply updated the dependency of mediaimporter.emby on xbmc.python to 3.0.0 because otherwise it wouldn't work anymore. 

Thank you. Tried it but it didn't work. So I thought I should just remove the .kodi folder and start all over. But how can I add the Mediaimport repository manually?
Quote:But how can I add the Mediaimport repository manually?

Hit the Green "Clone or Download" button to get the zip for the repo.

https://github.com/Montellese/repository.mediaimport

Edit: See next Post. Thanks Montellese
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10