• 52(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Feel free to create feature requests for this. A long time ago I tried to write a "plugin importer" which would basically allow users to e.g. use the context menu to import specific (sub)hierarchies of a Kodi plugin into the library. But there were too many open questions concerning how to perform synchronization, how to handle stuff like Youtube where the number of items in a hierarchy can be endless etc. and there was nobody to help me answer these questions. Maybe a better approach would be to specify a new add-on extension for this but then all content provider add-ons have to explicitly support it instead of all content provider add-ons being supported out of the box.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-03-31, 19:12)raptorjr Wrote: Is it in any way possible to say when MediaImport release could be up to date enough to be part of the daily RPi Milhouse builds?

I like it and would like to test and use it as much as possible, but sometimes also need the latest fixes from Milhouse. And I both understand that you don’t have all the time in the world to work on this or that Milhouse could create daily builds for MediaImport. So I’m just curious.
Unfortunately not. There were times where I worked on this project several hours a day. Then there were months (or even more than a year) where I didn't work on it (or anything Kodi related) at all. Now I have a bit of time every week so progress is slow. And I'm pretty sure that towards the end of the year there will be a period where I won't have any time at all :-(

IMO the only way this is ever going to make it into Kodi master is if another team member is interested enough in it to also volunteer with support and bug fixes etc. Otherwise it might just live in master with nobody having the time to or knowledge to fix things...
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I think it is best to let the importer handle it's content through the API. Even if that is just initially. If a couple of addons are writen then you will be able to see similarities and be able to provide a base.

A Media Importer can consist of up to three different parts:
  • Discovery Service - Service which detects potential media providers and tells Kodi about them
  • Importer - A script capable of importing media items from a media provider
  • Observer Service  - A synchronisation service which detects changes to already imported media items and tells Kodi about them.

I copied this description from one of your earlier post. Is this still an accurate description. If possible a template or at least a Read Me would be a good starting point.
(2020-04-02, 00:12)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 19:12)raptorjr Wrote: Is it in any way possible to say when MediaImport release could be up to date enough to be part of the daily RPi Milhouse builds?

I like it and would like to test and use it as much as possible, but sometimes also need the latest fixes from Milhouse. And I both understand that you don’t have all the time in the world to work on this or that Milhouse could create daily builds for MediaImport. So I’m just curious.
Unfortunately not. There were times where I worked on this project several hours a day. Then there were months (or even more than a year) where I didn't work on it (or anything Kodi related) at all. Now I have a bit of time every week so progress is slow. And I'm pretty sure that towards the end of the year there will be a period where I won't have any time at all :-(

IMO the only way this is ever going to make it into Kodi master is if another team member is interested enough in it to also volunteer with support and bug fixes etc. Otherwise it might just live in master with nobody having the time to or knowledge to fix things...

Thank you. I hope someone will be able to help you. But it is not always that all good things come true. For me it works pretty good, and maybe Milhouse can provide a new build every month or something. But as I understand it took some extra work to do that. Anyway I appreciate all the work that is done both here and on other parts of Kodi. If we only had unlimited time and money =)
(2020-03-30, 18:10)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 01:44)Seger Wrote: [font][font]https://paste.kodi.tv/ewayowunin.kodi [/font][/font]

[font][font]Ich habe es gerade zum ersten Mal installiert. [/font][font]Der Kodi-Quell-SMB-Zugriff ist eingerichtet, der Zugriff auf das Gebietsschema ist garantiert. [/font][font]Es gibt auch eine erfolgreiche Anmeldung beim Emby-Server. [/font][font]Das Gerät ist auf dem Server aufgeführt. [/font][font]Beim Ändern der Einstellungen von libary auf syncronisation wird die erste Fehlermeldung angezeigt. [/font][font]Wenn Sie das Gerät synchronisieren, wird der Fehler im Protokoll wiederholt. [/font][font]Meine Gebietsschema-Adresse lautet: 192.168.178.51:9999[/font][/font]
[font][font]Können Sie bitte die Debug-Protokollierung aktivieren und neue Protokolle bereitstellen?[/font][/font] 
[font][font]https://pastebin.com/xKDRgzR1[/font][/font]
[font][font].[/font][/font]
sorry again: https://pastebin.com/xKDRgzR1
(2020-04-02, 00:37)LongMan Wrote: I think it is best to let the importer handle it's contentthrough the API. Even if that is just initially. If a couple of addons are writen then you will be able to see similarities and be able to provide a base.

A Media Importer can consist of up to three different parts:
  • Discovery Service - Service which detects potential media providers and tells Kodi about them
  • Importer - A script capable of importing media items from a media provider
  • Observer Service  - A synchronisation service which detects changes to already imported media items and tells Kodi about them.

I copied this description from one of your earlier post. Is this still an accurate description. If possible a template or at least a Read Me would be a good starting point. 
I have started describing the media import feature in the Github wiki of my Kodi fork, see https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Media-Import.

The following details are already there: The following details are missing:
(2020-04-04, 02:40)Seger Wrote: sorry again: https://pastebin.com/xKDRgzR1
Thanks for the debug logs. These are much more helpful. It looks like I really broke authentication using a manually specified username with my refactoring to reduce the number of authentications. I will come up with a fix ASAP.
(2020-04-05, 00:06)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-04-04, 02:40)Seger Wrote: sorry again: https://pastebin.com/xKDRgzR1
Thanks for the debug logs. These are much more helpful. It looks like I really broke authentication using a manually specified username with my refactoring to reduce the number of authentications. I will come up with a fix ASAP. 
Could you download and install the following version of the add-on: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr58iadjfeer1v...y.zip?dl=1. It should contain a fix so that also manual username authentication should work again.

Thanks for testing and your feedback.
Quote:I have started describing the media import feature in the Github wiki of my Kodi fork, see https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Media-Import.
Wow. It is very detailed. I wrote an earlier post but it seem I didn't submit it. Is there a way I can contribute to it? Maybe some setup instructions etc
(2020-04-05, 20:09)LongMan Wrote:
Quote:I have started describing the media import feature in the Github wiki of my Kodi fork, see https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Media-Import.
Wow. It is very detailed. I wrote an earlier post but it seem I didn't submit it. Is there a way I can contribute to it? Maybe some setup instructions etc 
I've sent you an invitation so that you can collaborate on the Github wiki. Feel free to write any HOWTOs / guides you can think of. I'm not very good at those because I know the internal workings too well...
Got it
Tried to test this but can't install the plex mediaimpoter
xml:
2020-04-05 20:55:02.619 T:1268 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogSelect.xml) ------
2020-04-05 20:55:02.635 T:1268 DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing 'mediaimporter.plex' version '0.0.4' from repository 'repository.mediaimport'
2020-04-05 20:55:02.636 T:13852 DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[mediaimporter.plex]: requires xbmc.python version 2.26.0 which is not available
2020-04-05 20:55:02.636 T:13852 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[mediaimporter.plex]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.26.0 could not be satisfied.
2020-04-05 20:55:02.670 T:1268 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://repository.mediaimport/kodi.mediaimporter)
2020-04-05 20:55:02.670 T:1268 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://repository.mediaimport/kodi.mediaimporter]

Got it from your github and installs fine. Still having some issues setting it up I'll post back a lil later
@komplex, Thanks for reporting.

@Montellese, The Plex MediaImporter needs to be updated so that the Python 3.0.0 requirement is met,  ie the one release in the mediaimporter repo.
(2020-04-05, 22:14)LongMan Wrote: @komplex, Thanks for reporting.

@Montellese, The Plex MediaImporter needs to be updated so that the Python 3.0.0 requirement is met,  ie the one release in the mediaimporter repo.
Yeah I forgot to tag and release the changes for Matrix compatibility in mediaimporter.plex. I've done that now so you should be able to install it from the repository again.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10