• 53(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
@Montellese,
I am not getting any thumbnails for the widgets or the info dialog of music videos on the home screen. If will grab a log if it is needed.
(2020-04-08, 13:13)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese,
I am not getting any thumbnails for the widgets or the info dialog of music videos on the home screen. If will grab a log if it is needed.
This seems to work fine in my setup.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Looks like it's may be a skin issue. No thumbs on the Widgets and Info Dialog but it is present on the OSD which means that the artwork has been imported.

Sorry for the noise.
@Montellese,

I did a bit digging to see if I could identify where there is a difference between my current production systems and my test system. I did not find any change in the skin file, DialogVideoInfo.xml. ListItem.Thumb is what is shown on both sytems.

However, when I enter the choose art dialog, music videos on the test system has artwork for poster only. On the production system, Kodi 18.6, music videos have artwork for poster and thumb.

Could this be the reason why I am not getting artwork for widgets and DialogVideoInfo?

python:
def _mapArtwork(embyServer, itemId, itemObj):
        artwork = {}
        images = itemObj.get(PROPERTY_ITEM_IMAGE_TAGS)
        if images:
            Api._mapSingleArtwork(embyServer, artwork, itemId, images, PROPERTY_ITEM_IMAGE_TAGS_PRIMARY, 'poster')
            Api._mapSingleArtwork(embyServer, artwork, itemId, images, PROPERTY_ITEM_IMAGE_TAGS_LOGO, 'clearlogo')
            Api._mapSingleArtwork(embyServer, artwork, itemId, images, PROPERTY_ITEM_IMAGE_TAGS_ART, 'clearart')
            Api._mapSingleArtwork(embyServer, artwork, itemId, images, PROPERTY_ITEM_IMAGE_TAGS_BANNER, 'banner')
            Api._mapSingleArtwork(embyServer, artwork, itemId, images, PROPERTY_ITEM_IMAGE_TAGS_THUMB, 'landscape')
            Api._mapSingleArtwork(embyServer, artwork, itemId, images, PROPERTY_ITEM_IMAGE_TAGS_DISC, 'discart')

images = itemObj.get(PROPERTY_ITEM_BACKDROP_IMAGE_TAGS)
        if images:
            artwork['fanart'] = embyServer.BuildImageUrl(itemId, 'Backdrop/0', images[0])

return artwork

@staticmethod
    def _mapSingleArtwork(embyServer, artwork, itemId, imagesObj, embyArtwork, kodiArtwork):
        if embyArtwork in imagesObj:
            artwork[kodiArtwork] = embyServer.BuildImageUrl(itemId, embyArtwork, imagesObj.get(embyArtwork))

I found this code in kodi.py and it appears that there is no artwork from Emby is mapped to thumb in Kodi. In any case a check of the wiki for music video artwork does not mention thumb. I guess it is generated somewhere else.

Not sure where else to look.

Cheers,
LongMan
TBH I never quite understood how Kodi handles "thumb" artwork. AFAIK for movies it's automatically derived from the poster but I have no idea how it works for music videos. I'll check Emby for Kodi to see whether it manually adds "thumb" artwork as well.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2020-04-09, 19:51)Montellese Wrote: TBH I never quite understood how Kodi handles "thumb" artwork. AFAIK for movies it's automatically derived from the poster but I have no idea how it works for music videos. I'll check Emby for Kodi to see whether it manually adds "thumb" artwork as well.

Thumb and icon falling back to posters (or banner) for movies and tvshows was removed in v19 (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17127), those fallbacks never made much sense as it is difficult to design a single interface that would present thumbs and posters with the same aspect ratio. Now, all the art is defined in the art map if available. Skins should use ListItem.Art(Poster) instead of ListItem.Thumb. Even ListItem.Thumb is deprecated in favor of ListItem.Art(Thumb)
(2020-04-09, 20:02)enen92 Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 19:51)Montellese Wrote: TBH I never quite understood how Kodi handles "thumb" artwork. AFAIK for movies it's automatically derived from the poster but I have no idea how it works for music videos. I'll check Emby for Kodi to see whether it manually adds "thumb" artwork as well.

Thumb and icon falling back to posters (or banner) for movies and tvshows was removed in v19 (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17127), those fallbacks never made much sense as it is difficult to design a single interface that would present thumbs and posters with the same aspect ratio. Now, all the art is defined in the art map if available. Skins should use ListItem.Art(Poster) instead of ListItem.Thumb. Even ListItem.Thumb is deprecated in favor of ListItem.Art(Thumb) 
Does that mean that I should manually add a "thumb" entry to the art map? Or should skins be able to handle items without a "thumb" entry in the art map?
(2020-04-09, 20:34)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 20:02)enen92 Wrote:

Does that mean that I should manually add a "thumb" entry to the art map? Or should skins be able to handle items without a "thumb" entry in the art map?   

Yes, python addons (or other addons) should add the necessary art items to the art map of the item if they are available and try to make no assumptions:

python:

from xbmcgui import ListItem
listitem = ListItem("My Movie")
listitem.setArt({"poster":"myposter.png", "banner":"mybanner.png", "thumb": "mythumb.png", "icon": "myicon.png", "fanart": "myfanart.png", "clearlogo": "myclearlogo.png"})

Skins are then free to use whatever art that is available on the item and do the fallbacks if necessary. I don't think it is correct to manually set the thumb to poster in case of movies from the addon but ofc that's also a possibility. In this case, assuming the thumb is a poster for movie items is something the client (skin, webinterface, etc) should decide (and fix) imo
Quote:I'll check Emby for Kodi to see whether it manually adds "thumb" artwork as well.
Looks like she did.

python:
def add(self, artwork, *args):
''' Add all artworks.
'''
KODI = {
'Primary': ['thumb', 'poster'],
'Banner': "banner",
'Logo': "clearlogo",
'Art': "clearart",
'Thumb': "landscape",
'Disc': "discart",
'Backdrop': "fanart"
}
The latest test builds and changelog can be found at https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads.

For the changelog of mediaimporter.emby please see https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimpor.../tag/0.0.8. There's a new feature so make sure to check it out.
(2020-04-12, 00:16)Montellese Wrote: The latest test builds and changelog can be found at https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads.

For the changelog of mediaimporter.emby please see https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimpor.../tag/0.0.8. There's a new feature so make sure to check it out.

Sorry for stupid question, but does this mean that it is also up to date with Kodi master so it would be possible for Milhouse to make a RPi release without to much work?
The latest release had an unfortunate timing since there was problem with Wifi and HEVC playback was broken for RPi. So I have been very limited in my testing of MediaImporter because of that.
(2020-04-12, 11:40)raptorjr Wrote: Sorry for stupid question, but does this mean that it is also up to date with Kodi master so it would be possible for Milhouse to make a RPi release without to much work?
The latest release had an unfortunate timing since there was problem with Wifi and HEVC playback was broken for RPi. So I have been very limited in my testing of MediaImporter because of that.

It is rebased to yesterday's master. Specifically to the WisePlay DRM PR.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulse

Milhouse usually does the LibreELEC builds, but he hasn't gotten a chance to do them yet.

Cheers,
LongMan
(2020-04-05, 00:06)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-04-04, 02:40)Seger Wrote: sorry again: https://pastebin.com/xKDRgzR1
Thanks for the debug logs. These are much more helpful. It looks like I really broke authentication using a manually specified username with my refactoring to reduce the number of authentications. I will come up with a fix ASAP. 
hey, it seems to be working now. Authentication is working now and media import has begun. I'll be making further tests and observations.

many greetings
seger
(2020-04-12, 18:16)LongMan Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 11:40)raptorjr Wrote: Sorry for stupid question, but does this mean that it is also up to date with Kodi master so it would be possible for Milhouse to make a RPi release without to much work?

It is rebased to yesterday's master. Specifically to the WisePlay DRM PR.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulse

Milhouse usually does the LibreELEC builds, but he hasn't gotten a chance to do them yet.

Cheers,
LongMan

Thank you. We’ll see if Milhouse have the time and possibility to make a RPi build.
For those looking for a solution for music, EmbyCon from the Emby beta repo, is compatible with the current build. No import but at least there is access to the libraries.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10