• 54(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
LibreELEC #0412w builds:

RPi: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
RPi2: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
RPi4: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
Generic: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2020-04-12, 23:42)Milhouse Wrote: LibreELEC #0412w builds:

RPi: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
RPi2: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
RPi4: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
Generic: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/wipu...365c1e.tar
Thanks @Milhouse. I've added the builds to https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi
Any addons that already work with mediaimport ?
Thank you
PS: Manually editing addon.xlm will work for any addon? Like Netflix addon for example.
It's really whether the addon is compatable with Kodi current Nightly Builds. Netflix is compatible you need the New Repo.
(2020-04-15, 23:14)ntilagoa Wrote: Hi
Any addons that already work with mediaimport ?
Thank you
PS: Manually editing addon.xlm will work for any addon? Like Netflix addon for example.

Apart from the new mediaimporter.emby and mediaimporter.plex add-ons there are no add-ons supporting media importing yet. @flubshi is currently giving it a try in his plugin.video.waipu.tv add-on and we are discussing how best to integrate this into other (popular) add-ons.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi, I'm starting to test the emby mediaimporter, thank you for doing this.

One thing I noticed is Options lacks an icon for Media Sources.
A first issue I had was that the media importer failed to authenticate, but that was not visible anywhere in the UI, I figured that out from kodi.log. Maybe there could be some more visible symbol when a media importer can't/didn't connect. Past that, importing movies was pretty simple.

Though, I have a question about splitting TV Shows, let me explain. In Emby I have TV Shows split into 2 libraries, TV Shows and Anime, those are different enough that I don't want to keep them together. When importing into Kodi I'd like to keep this separation. With Emby for Kodi I use playlists, many skins (Aeon Tajo and Rapier are 2 that I used succesfully) have support for playlists, so I can easily keep the 2 libraries separated into 2 main menu entries, each has its random art for slideshow picked from the playlist itself.
How would a setup like this be possible with Kodi MediaImport? I see that i can pick a specific media library, but I don't see how I could split multiple libraries into multiple sections in Kodi.
@Maboz

Use Kodi's Tag system. Shows from the library "Anime" have the "Anime" tag for example. Just create own smart playlists in Kodi for this libraries and you are done. Or link to the video library node of it. The Library Node Editor is your friend for creating custom nodes.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-04-18, 11:01)sualfred Wrote: @Maboz

Use Kodi's Tag system. Shows from the library "Anime" have the "Anime" tag for example. Just create own smart playlists in Kodi for this libraries and you are done. Or link to the video library node of it. The Library Node Editor is your friend for creating custom nodes.

Awesome, I'll try that, thank you!
(2020-04-18, 10:52)Maboz Wrote: Hi, I'm starting to test the emby mediaimporter, thank you for doing this.
Thanks for taking the time to test this and report your feedback.
(2020-04-18, 10:52)Maboz Wrote: One thing I noticed is Options lacks an icon for Media Sources.
Yeah I'm not a designer / skinner and the location of where the media import configuration is located will probably change again. That's why I didn't spend any time on it. If anyone provides an icon that fits the Estuary style I'm happy to include it.
(2020-04-18, 10:52)Maboz Wrote: A first issue I had was that the media importer failed to authenticate, but that was not visible anywhere in the UI, I figured that out from kodi.log. Maybe there could be some more visible symbol when a media importer can't/didn't connect.
Yes this is an open issue. As a workaround I've added the "Test authentication" button to the settings dialog. The problem with displaying this in the list of media providers is that it requires a call into the python library which is "expensive" and might slow down displaying the list. But I'll look into it. Maybe an icon overlay with a checkmark or a warning sign might help. Any inputs and feedback concerning the user interface integration are welcome since that's not my strong suit.
(2020-04-18, 10:52)Maboz Wrote: Though, I have a question about splitting TV Shows, let me explain. In Emby I have TV Shows split into 2 libraries, TV Shows and Anime, those are different enough that I don't want to keep them together. When importing into Kodi I'd like to keep this separation. With Emby for Kodi I use playlists, many skins (Aeon Tajo and Rapier are 2 that I used succesfully) have support for playlists, so I can easily keep the 2 libraries separated into 2 main menu entries, each has its random art for slideshow picked from the playlist itself.
How would a setup like this be possible with Kodi MediaImport? I see that i can pick a specific media library, but I don't see how I could split multiple libraries into multiple sections in Kodi.
As @sualfred has pointed out use the automatically provided tags to split your libraries manually.
Many congratulations on a super addition to Kodi.

I would like to ask, are there any known issues with the Android build at the moment?
I installed a version onto my Shield using the link from this post, but found it didn't seem to include the Media Importer Repository (for me anyway):-
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2934392 

I manually downloaded the Media Importer Repository, but when I tried to install the media importer I got an error saying several dependencies were not compatible. The PVR client I use (Enigma/VU+) was also saying it couldn't be installed for this version of Kodi.
Is the correct and most up-to-date version for Android that I downloaded?

I did try on Windows as well beforehand and found everything to work as expected. My Plex server was discovered and media importer found my Movie library without any problems.
Everything seemed to work well. The only noticeable exceptions were all the movie certifications had been imported into Kodi as 'UK'. Movie certifications for the UK are actually written as UK:12, UK:15, UK:18 and so on. The only other thing I noticed was on the Video Info Dialog where the audio and subtitle media flags were being returned with a question mark.

If I can resolve the issue of installing on Android, I'd like to give more feedback for both platforms over a longer period of time.
Many thanks for bringing such a great addition to Kodi...

EDIT: I managed to get the Android build installed. The Media Importer Repository was also included in the build, I was looking in the wrong place previously. PVR client still not working unfortunately, but all media on Plex server found on the first library I've imported so far. Will continue to use and report if I get any issues.
For future reference, the latest builds are linked on the wiki here. The post you linked to was not the latest.

With regards to the PVR, it is best to ask in the PVR section. These builds are just Master + Media Import so any non-mediaimport problems would probably be present in master as well.

Hope that helps
(2020-04-27, 17:29)Dumyat Wrote: The PVR client I use (Enigma/VU+) was also saying it couldn't be installed for this version of Kodi.

EDIT: I managed to get the Android build installed. The Media Importer Repository was also included in the build, I was looking in the wrong place previously. PVR client still not working unfortunately, but all media on Plex server found on the first library I've imported so far. Will continue to use and report if I get any issues.
I'm not sure what the state with PVR add-ons and Kodi Matrix alpha builds is. But a lot of python based add-ons are currently not compatible with Kodi Matrix because they need to be migrated from Python 2.7 to Python 3.
Yeah, I was using Matrix fairly frequently on a 2nd device until the beginning of this year with no real issues on the PVR side. But as you've indicated there is a lot of changes going on just now. Most likely the reason why both the Netflix and Amazon Prime addons are not working at the moment either.
Tbh, I only set up a Plex server so that I can stream to other rooms in the house, which seems to work better than when I've tried using SMB. And since I much prefer Kodi's UI, this version is likely to be the perfect solution and will also keep the rest of the family happy as they don't like using 2 different platforms.
I know Plex doesn't currently display any extra artwork (clearlogo, landscape, discart etc, etc), but if it's available in the source folder, could it be displayed in Kodi when using the Plex Media Importer?
Thanks to both you and Longman for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Cheers
(2020-04-28, 15:46)Dumyat Wrote: Yeah, I was using Matrix fairly frequently on a 2nd device until the beginning of this year with no real issues on the PVR side. But as you've indicated there is a lot of changes going on just now. Most likely the reason why both the Netflix and Amazon Prime addons are not working at the moment either.
Yes all those add-ons need to be adjusted by their authors.

(2020-04-28, 15:46)Dumyat Wrote: I know Plex doesn't currently display any extra artwork (clearlogo, landscape, discart etc, etc), but if it's available in the source folder, could it be displayed in Kodi when using the Plex Media Importer?
I'd have to check on that. On Emby I added this feature (importing additional artwork) but there it's supported by the server. I'll look into it.
How does the update of newly added files work? I’m using Emby and Kodi on Raspberry Pi and see that I often need to restart Kodi for new episodes to show. Even though they are shown in Emby.

Is this normal or should it be automatic?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10