WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Backlink to original: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ent=918659

I have just successfully installed Media Importer on a VM using `LibreELEC (community): devel-20200826165948-d8a7611 (Generic.x86_64)` and `Emby Media Importer 0.0.9`.

The entire setup process was quite elegant once I understood the new workflow for adding sources and realised it is best to avoid HTTPS for now.

I really dont have anything but positive feedback to report other than trivialities like the icon in Kodi settings for Media Sources is missing.

I can see though that the FanArt cache is built on demand. I would like to request an option for all cover art to be pre-cached. In my experience on lower end devices lack of pre caching just results in an extended bad user experience until it is populated. In cases like this it is better to get this out the way once in advance. Obviously some consideration would need to be given to how remote the artwork is (i.e. internet vs local LAN) and if only covers vs actor etc are pre cached.

I havent tested it yet but it looks like we also follow the standard Kodi practice of a separate `/userdata/Thumbnails` cache per user. As stated previously this isnt viable for me on AML since the available device storage space is less than the space needed to hold 6 copies of the cache (one for each user). This forces me to use path substitution which immediately makes all my installs officially not supported.

Is there any option being considered to work around this?
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by xexe - 2020-08-30, 12:07
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10