• 63(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2020-11-01, 08:52)xxxnelly Wrote: Here is the build I did yesterday. I will spend more time on it this week but just quickly hacked it in.

Its using libreelec master (as off 31/10) with media_import_19.0a2-Matrix branch.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg7wlf9ra0ujtb...0.tar?dl=0

I had to manually add the skin change for Estuary. I will workout how to include it in the build - its likely Libreelec changes the skin in the build.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1h3snjrggk2sn...y.zip?dl=0

If you just copy the unzip skin to /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary then restart it will pickup the changes to set the media sources etc.

I noticed one other small (likely expected issue). I have a MySQL database set in the AdvancedSettings. This caused the provider to not be added but no real error message was provided.
I removed the MySQL settings and boom it worked as expected from then.

Thanks
Thanks for your interest and posting your build.

I've never tested MediaImport with MySQL so I'm not sure if it is working or not. If you can see any errors in Kodi's log please let me know so I can fix them.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
No problem - I will re-add in the MySQL config and get the log message. There was enough of a hint for me to guess at the MySQL config.
Its MySQL I am wanting to get rid of and I have tested I can resume movies/tv shows from my 3 Libreelec + server setup that I have - so all good with my testing so far.

thanks
This is the error/warning messages when using MySQL.

When adding the Media Importer Provider...
WARNING <CMediaImportManager>: source "1684470b81be" (emby://62b2788a6dd046efb0168e73724b1f10/) couldn't be added to any import repository

When scanning a movie/tvshow directory
ERROR <general>: CGUIWindowVideoBase::GetResumeItemOffset - Cannot open VideoDatabase
ERROR <general>: CGUIWindowVideoBase::GetResumeItemOffset - Cannot open VideoDatabase
(2020-11-01, 11:11)xxxnelly Wrote: This is the error/warning messages when using MySQL.

When adding the Media Importer Provider...
WARNING <CMediaImportManager>: source "1684470b81be" (emby://62b2788a6dd046efb0168e73724b1f10/) couldn't be added to any import repository

When scanning a movie/tvshow directory
That sounds like something went wrong during the database upgrade process and now Kodi can't properly open the video database anymore. So the error would have been somewhere at the beginning of the log or in a previous log when you first started your media import build.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
auto library update dosnt work.. i always must restart kodi to update the LIBS

and can i update to alpha 3 ?
A MediaImport build based on Alpha 3 has not been made yet. So unfortunately you won't be able to upgrade yet.
There is a lot of activity in Master now so it may not be the best time for a build. Montellese time is limited so maybe Beta 1 may be a better time for a new build.
Let's see how it goes.

With regards to live updates, it is kind of a known bug. I can't remember if it was in Kodi or the addon.

Edit: Updates on the server are only synchronized on Kodi startup
(2020-11-08, 01:32)LongMan Wrote: A MediaImport build based on Alpha 3 has not been made yet. So unfortunately you won't be able to upgrade yet.
There is a lot of activity in Master now so it may not be the best time for a build. Montellese time is limited so maybe Beta 1 may be a better time for a new build.
Let's see how it goes.

With regards to live updates, it is kind of a known bug. I can't remember if it was in Kodi or the addon.

ok i understand, thanks
(2020-11-08, 02:15)Gee11 Wrote:
(2020-11-08, 01:32)LongMan Wrote: A MediaImport build based on Alpha 3 has not been made yet. So unfortunately you won't be able to upgrade yet.
Let's see how it goes.

ok i understand, thanks
@LongMan thanks for answering for me. I'm currently stuck in a room with Covid-19 to protect the rest of my family.

Unfortunately the issue @Gee11 ran into is based in Kodi (master) itself and needs to be fixed there. It seems to happen to some users but not others which makes it harder to track down. It doesn't happen on my dev machine but it also happens to @sualfred. It also affects other add-on scripts / services and not just media import add-ons.

Last I worked on this project I was stuck on a weird database behavior which I haven't figured out yet. It is the last step in resolving issues when removing tvshows / seasons or a full import from Kodi resulting in zombie entries in the database.
@yol  is trying to investigate it, but without having a 100% way to reproduce it's tricky.

Same root issue:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/1731...-723642948
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-11-11, 11:44)Montellese Wrote: @LongMan thanks for answering for me. I'm currently stuck in a room with Covid-19 to protect the rest of my family.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it works out well. These days it seems they have a better idea how to treat it. Have to keep the family safe.
@Montellese : Crikey. Good and quick recovery! Everything else can wait...
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
@Montellese,
How is the recovery going? Hoping yours is one with mild symtoms.

Cheers,
LongMan
We dosnt need Media Importer anymore. Emby 4 Kodi now works with matrix:   https://kodi.emby.media/Public%20testing...ild622.zip
@Gee11,
These are separate concerns. However, I am happy that you found something that works for you.

Cheers,
LongMan
Agreed. Media importer is on a completely different level, as it stays true to the idea of an integrated media center. Add-ons are "just" apps within the Kodi "app" and native apps are increasingly replacing those AND Kodi on many platforms. That's certainly true in the DRM space (Netflix, Prime, Disney+, etc.) and likely unavoidable. But there is an ever increasing amount of legal content, on the internet and remote storage alike, that could be seamlessly integrated into Kodi using the media importer approach. This is the way to go! The only way to go in the bigger scheme of things, if you ask me...

I've seen you being active on github recently, so I hope you are well again @Montellese. Take your time. I will wait...   ;-)
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10