• 66(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-02-05, 18:24)LongMan Wrote: Is it ok for me to add these links to the Wiki?
No, the online storage does not have enough bandwidth. We need to mirror it somewhere else. And we should check the build before. It seems that the Media Sources settings menu entry is missing.
(2021-02-05, 18:24)LongMan Wrote: Could you share how to get from vanilla to MediaImport

Sure. Just adjust the variables 'PKG_VERSION', 'PKG_SHA256' and 'PKG_URL' in 'packages/mediacenter/kodi/package.mk'. Mine looks like this:
cpp:

# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0-or-later
# Copyright © 2009-2016 Stephan Raue ([email protected])
# Copyright © 2017-present Team LibreELEC (https://libreelec.tv)

PKG_NAME="kodi"
#PKG_VERSION="bb88e5e1db54844bc27befc7014c8118ae5ca275"
#PKG_SHA256="b00e0c2152f52207959fad087ed0ed5fd2ac1afda95ae56f83e406d1ec028ad9"
PKG_VERSION="3c57403e3c4519e2553874f193ecc1a7830e3844" #beta2
PKG_SHA256="44023b5203f1a7e244edcd5f5dd2fdabc94cd19654a74a94c6c78378aa1f3a93"

PKG_LICENSE="GPL"
PKG_SITE="http://www.kodi.tv"
#PKG_URL="https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/archive/${PKG_VERSION}.tar.gz"
PKG_URL="https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/archive/${PKG_VERSION}.tar.gz"
[...]
Thanks. Trying it now
Quote:PKG_VERSION="3c57403e3c4519e2553874f193ecc1a7830e3844" #beta2 PKG_SHA256="44023b5203f1a7e244edcd5f5dd2fdabc94cd19654a74a94c6c78378aa1f3a93"
Laugh
Ok. It is running now. Just have to wait on the result. Thanks

PKG_VERSION I can see that is the from Github. However, how do I obtain PKG_VERSION?
(2021-02-05, 20:16)LongMan Wrote: PKG_VERSION I can see that is the from Github. However, how do I obtain PKG_VERSION?

Sorry I meant PKG_SHA256.  I was able to figure out PKG_VERSION
I downloaded the file and used "sha256sum <file>" (linux). Not sure if there is an easier way.

We still need to figure out why the settings menu is missing inestuary skin Sad Any ideas?
https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...a993d40475
https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...d63164f48a
https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...c7fb0f1c5d

These three commits usually adds it
Just for information: Inspired by your success, I'm trying to replicate your attempts to provide Mediaimport test builds for CoreElec, too. Unfortunately it seems more complicated there as they (of course) patch vanilla Kodi. Not sure it is possible without running into major merge conflicts, but I'd like to give it a shot. Will report back how it goes...
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
Beautiful. Hope it goes well.
Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't. I believe I figured out a way how to do it "in principle", but could not make it work yet. Here what I've tried:
  1. I cloned @Montellese's xbmc repo and "git checked out" the media import branch
  2. I created a patch file vs. his master using "git diff master media_import_branch > media_import.patch" 
  3. I cloned the CoreElec repo and added the above patch file to "src/CoreELEC/projects/Amlogic-ng/patches/kodi"
The CE compile broke as the patch didn't apply cleanly. There could be several reasons for that, e.g. that the CE patches for Kodi are not compatible with the MediaImport ones.
However, I then realized that @Montellese's media import branch has fallen behind his master branch in the meantime. I tried to rebase it, but that failed, too, due to merge conflicts.

I believe this is bad timing. We should probably wait until Matrix is final, then hope that @Montellese finds some time to rebase his work on that, and only then try again. It may still fail eventually, but then I at least know where to look for the merge conflicts...
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
Sorry to hear that. The LibreELEC builds ran ok for me. Well as far as I can see. I was able to get builds for Generic and Raspberry Pi 4.

If I undestand you correctly, CoreELEC is not just using vanilla Kodi the way LibreELEC does. If not, what are they changing in Kodi and why?
(2021-02-07, 21:44)M4tt0 Wrote: Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't. I believe I figured out a way how to do it "in principle", but could not make it work yet. Here what I've tried:
  1. I cloned @Montellese's xbmc repo and "git checked out" the media import branch
  2. I created a patch file vs. his master using "git diff master media_import_branch > media_import.patch" 
  3. I cloned the CoreElec repo and added the above patch file to "src/CoreELEC/projects/Amlogic-ng/patches/kodi"
The CE compile broke as the patch didn't apply cleanly. There could be several reasons for that, e.g. that the CE patches for Kodi are not compatible with the MediaImport ones.
However, I then realized that @Montellese's media import branch has fallen behind his master branch in the meantime. I tried to rebase it, but that failed, too, due to merge conflicts.

I believe this is bad timing. We should probably wait until Matrix is final, then hope that @Montellese finds some time to rebase his work on that, and only then try again. It may still fail eventually, but then I at least know where to look for the merge conflicts...
I am not a rebase/build expert, but I think the cleanest way is to figure out, which Kodi commit is used as reference in your CoreELEC build. Then, you could rebase MediaImport to this Kodi commit, resolve conflicts and create the patch against this Kodi commit. Afterwards, proceed with your step 3. But conflicts with CE patches are still possible...

If CE is using a recent Kodi commit, you could try my rebased version. It is "Montellese/media_import_19.0b2-Matrix_rework" rebased on 1e6f734@xbmc (3 days ago). 
https://github.com/flubshi/xbmc/tree/med...2021-02-05
Thanks, @LongMan. Yes, you are right. That's the problem. And thanks @flubshi: I agree. I'm just not familiar enough with the Kodi codebase to resolve any significant merge conflicts, and I also believe that a Media Import version of the final Matrix release will encourage more users to test it. I'll wait for the relase and @Montellese to (hopefully) rebase against it again and will try it again.

Still very curious to learn whether everything works for you on vanilla Kodi / LE of course...  :-)
So far so good. I was able to build Generic and Raspberry Pi 4.  The experience has been great with Generic on small Zotac celeron. Sync is slow compared to Emby for Kodi but I have synced one video type at a time and that has been good. I am even watching a movie while music videos are syncing and there is notable lag in the GUI.

For me the experience has been good.

The experience with the Pi is not as good but there is heavy dev on the Pi, so, no verdict there. I will run new builds and test again.

Cheers,
LongMan
Here are the latest test builds rebased onto Matrix RC1: Please remember to delete your previous MyVideos120.db because I had to make changes to the database layout. Also remember to install the latest versions of the Emby / Plex media importers because there has been a breaking change in the add-on interface:
  • Emby Media Importer: 0.0.10
  • Plex Media Importer: 0.0.8
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10