WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-02-07, 21:44)M4tt0 Wrote: Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't. I believe I figured out a way how to do it "in principle", but could not make it work yet. Here what I've tried:
  1. I cloned @Montellese's xbmc repo and "git checked out" the media import branch
  2. I created a patch file vs. his master using "git diff master media_import_branch > media_import.patch" 
  3. I cloned the CoreElec repo and added the above patch file to "src/CoreELEC/projects/Amlogic-ng/patches/kodi"
The CE compile broke as the patch didn't apply cleanly. There could be several reasons for that, e.g. that the CE patches for Kodi are not compatible with the MediaImport ones.
However, I then realized that @Montellese's media import branch has fallen behind his master branch in the meantime. I tried to rebase it, but that failed, too, due to merge conflicts.

I believe this is bad timing. We should probably wait until Matrix is final, then hope that @Montellese finds some time to rebase his work on that, and only then try again. It may still fail eventually, but then I at least know where to look for the merge conflicts...
I am not a rebase/build expert, but I think the cleanest way is to figure out, which Kodi commit is used as reference in your CoreELEC build. Then, you could rebase MediaImport to this Kodi commit, resolve conflicts and create the patch against this Kodi commit. Afterwards, proceed with your step 3. But conflicts with CE patches are still possible...

If CE is using a recent Kodi commit, you could try my rebased version. It is "Montellese/media_import_19.0b2-Matrix_rework" rebased on 1e6f734@xbmc (3 days ago). 
https://github.com/flubshi/xbmc/tree/med...2021-02-05

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by flubshi - 2021-02-07, 23:50
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10