WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-02-21, 14:23)LongMan Wrote: @jbinkley60,
MediaImport provides the architecture for imports without having to write directly to the database. It would be greatly appreciated if you could either modify your existing addon or write a mediaimporter addon, similar to those for Emby/Jellyfin or Plex, for Mezzmo. We could then add it to the Repo so that anyone using MediaImport will be introduced to it as another option for a Media Server.

Cheers,
LongMan
Thanks for the feedback.  I am aware the direct database writes are viewed somewhat "taboo" but with them I get superb performance.  A full sync between Mezzmo and Kodi with 13,000 records takes just over a minute on an Intel NUC and 5 minutes on a Vero 4K+.  I might look at a Mediaimporter addon for Mezzmo as a background sync / import solution without the current Kodi Mezzmo addon GUI.  I am just not sure how many folks are running multiple media server types concurrently to where this would be a huge benefit.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by jbinkley60 - 2021-02-21, 14:53
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10