WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-02-21, 15:08)LongMan Wrote: MediaImport is not restricted to servers. Many users import strm files from Kodi Addons. I haven't checked Mezzmo but the other direct to database addons run into problems with such addons. With the plethora of streaming services, no Media server will be able to supply all the content desired by the user. Playing nicely with other addons is going to be important.

And yes the performance of Kodi's content infrastructure needs to be addressed. Right now there are at least seven persons/teams writing code to bypass it. Just wish that effort was used to addressed it. That's a lot of talent working on a problem without trying to solve it.

Cheers,
LongMan

It would be easy enough for me to modify the addon to create a strm file for the Mezzmo servers it discovers and provide the content URL etc..  for MediaImport.  Currently the addon does not create one.  Does MediaImport need anything specific or I just output a strm file for Kodi ?

To your point about one media server maybe not doing everything, I can see that.  Mezzmo does have the ability to do live stream captures (i.e. OTA, Internet etc..), has plugins for Internet radio stations and more.  I ended up writing a Mezzmo plugin for iHreat radio because I listen to some of their stations.  The plugin pulls a list of stations via their API and makes all of their stations across the globe available and searchable.  That was a real effort since iHeart has 3 APIs and none of them are really documented.  Just bits and pieces.  Lots of reverse engineering went into that effort.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by jbinkley60 - 2021-02-21, 15:56
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10