WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-03-16, 11:40)Supersilver Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 12:56)Montellese Wrote: I gave importing a larger tvshow library (~29k episodes) from Plex a try and while it took several hours it worked perfectly fine.
Yeah to be honest I thought it was the add-on that was causing the problems but think it might be my broadband disconnecting sometimes because it's mobile broadband, but in saying that it takes hours (almost all day) to import all the 9K TV Shows around 276K episodes, if there was some way to save the progress along the way it might save a bit of the headache when it throws an error and having to try all over again
Do you know if those are short connection losses? This could be solved by retrying a few times if it fails.

Unfortunately performing partial imports is difficult because then there's no way to know if some of the partially imported items have changed on the server so we would have to perform a full synchronization on the next run again so you wouldn't really gain anything. Or this would require an additional caching database in the media importer add-on but that is way out of scope of the proof of concept.

I'm currently working on parallelizing the work which retrieves all the metadata from the Plex server. I managed to improve the elapsed time to retrieve ~1k movies from ~180s to ~60s so it would be ~3x faster. But obviously for 276k episodes that would still take several hours.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Montellese - 2021-03-16, 22:45
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10