WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-03-21, 19:35)LongMan Wrote: @kingkiller,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am happy to help you test it.

I am not sure if you have read the thread, but the MediaImport Project will add a feature to Kodi that will allow addition of items to Kodi's library without using strm files. At current any Matrix compatible video addon can add an extension point which allows it to be a Media Provider (a source of media, videos only at present). However, I was thinking that instead of asking each addon author to add the extension point, we could add said extension point to an addon/script such as Library Integration Tool. In so doing all video addons will be sources of imports via Library Integration Tool (LIT) or something similar.
Unfortunately, MediaImport requires python 3 and LIT is not yet python 3. Could you outline what are your pain points in doing the port to python 3?

Cheers,
LongMan
Hi,

I had not considered that MediaImport is Py3, considering this has no way to work for kodi 18, depending on how MediaImport works, LIT would have to be practically all rewritten, especially because it is based on reading the directors via JsonRPC and collecting data to structure according to information and create .strm, i need to understand how MediaImport will work to get an idea of ​​what could be done at LIT, let's assume that JsonRPC continues to be used, one of the big problems is the ordering and categorization of content, each service orders in a different way, and I had to reorder items manually.

___

Well, in my head I remember that there are two things that I suppose need to be updated.

1. The progress dialogs in Kodi 19 lost some lines of information, at least that's what I understood in the documentation, I understand that the information will not appear or will generate an error, with that I thought about creating personalized menus for everything.

2. Some py2 functions need to be adapted, except that there were unicode errors in the current code (from my tests, everything is ok), but I believe that it is necessary to use six, kodi_six (I did some tests, but it was not working and I paused the tests on that).

At least I understood that these are the points that need to be changed to work in py3.

As soon as you can do tests with kodi19 and see more clearly what needs to be changed.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by kingkiller - 2021-03-22, 05:23
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10