WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Firstly I am not a programmer, so I don't want to talk too much out of my scope of knowledge. Here are my two cents.

From MediaImport perspective, there would be no need to write strm files. The functionality could be kept for those who want to use it but, it is not necessary for MediaImport. LIT would have to keep lists of the media items including their metadata and path. These lists would have to be for specific mediatypes ie a list for movies, one for tv shows and one for music videos. There could even be more than one of each type, Netflix Movies, Prime Series, Disney+ Movies etc containing the selected items from each source.

These lists would passed to MediaImport via the extention point. Almost the way a scraper passes meta data to Kodi. LIT would monitor the sources and inform Kodi when there are changes. It could either present a list of changed items and the changes that have occured , addition, deletion etc, or present a list with current items and have MediaImport compare it to the old list and make the necessary changes. Presenting only a changed list would mean faster updates.

It would best good if you could give MediaImport a spin. The only addon that has incorporated the extension point so far is @flubshi 's https://github.com/flubshi/plugin.video....dia_import. It requires credential but you to install it to see how MediaImport responds to a MediaProvider. There are also mediaimporter addons for Emby/Jellyfin and Plex included in these builds. Take it for a spin and tell us what you think.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by LongMan - 2021-03-22, 14:53
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10