WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-03-22, 14:53)LongMan Wrote: From MediaImport perspective, there would be no need to write strm files. The functionality could be kept for those who want to use it but, it is not necessary for MediaImport. LIT would have to keep lists of the media items including their metadata and path. These lists would have to be for specific mediatypes ie a list for movies, one for tv shows and one for music videos. There could even be more than one of each type, Netflix Movies, Prime Series, Disney+ Movies etc containing the selected items from each source.

These lists would passed to MediaImport via the extention point. Almost the way a scraper passes meta data to Kodi. LIT would monitor the sources and inform Kodi when there are changes. It could either present a list of changed items and the changes that have occured , addition, deletion etc, or present a list with current items and have MediaImport compare it to the old list and make the necessary changes. Presenting only a changed list would mean faster updates.
It might even be easier than that depending on the supported use cases. If LIT "only" adds items to the database when the user manually tells it to, it could simply use the xbmcmediaimport.changeImportedItems() method to tell Kodi which items to add / update / remove. No additional synchronization process would be necessary. If LIT tracks the items which it added to the library is can still use the same method to tell Kodi about updates to the tracked items. Obviously it requires some additional boilerplate code to handle a provider and imports but that shouldn't be too difficult.

On a similar note does anybody know how to get the Tubed add-on working? I can login with my Google account and allow Tubed to use it but whatever I do after that I always get a "quota exceeded" error so I can't really watch any videos or even access a list of items / videos. I thought it would be a good candidate for a simple media importer integration proof of concept so I started working on that. But if I can't get any lists of media items I can't really continue...
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Montellese - 2021-03-22, 21:34
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10