• 75(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-04-10, 18:13)Skank Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 18:05)LongMan Wrote: ...
I'm not sure i'm able to do and understand all this Smile
I have emby too, but i use the emby for kodi addon for it
Whats the difference then with this way?
From using Emby as a server the experience is basically the same except that Emby for Kodi is design to take over the Kodi library as a single source. You are not expected to add anything to your library from any other source, when using Emby for Kodi. At least that was the original design.
MediaImport is design for imports from multiple sources to coexist. Content aggreagtion is the main goal. So you could have content from your emby server, even multiple emby servers, youtube and  Netflix added to your library.
@Skank,
Were you able to play the bdmv files using Mediaimport?
I didnt test, i've been too much testing lateley instead of enjoying a movie
(2021-04-11, 17:56)Skank Wrote: I didnt test, i've been too much testing lateley instead of enjoying a movie

OK. When you do, remember to enable "Allow using Direct Play" under playback.

Cheers,
LongMan
Just wondering if there is a way to add in an option to just import collections from Plex and be able to select specific collections?
Collections as a single stand alone option and not as a part of the movie import process. Is that correct?
(2021-04-30, 23:02)LongMan Wrote: Collections as a single stand alone option and not as a part of the movie import process. Is that correct?
I think we're both on the same thought yeah, essentially just import a specific collection rather than your whole library you think that's possible?
Is the latest version unavailable? link
(2021-05-01, 12:31)Supersilver Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 23:02)LongMan Wrote: Collections as a single stand alone option and not as a part of the movie import process. Is that correct?
I think we're both on the same thought yeah, essentially just import a specific collection rather than your whole library you think that's possible?

Does the Plex API allows selection of individual collections?

OTOH the mediaimporters are more suited for bulk importation. This sounds like a situation where one would want to browse the Plex libraries and select items or collections to import. If that is what you are thinking then yes it is possible. However, it would probably be best to add a mediaImporter extension point to one of the existing Plex addons that already allows browsing of the library. Then add a Menu item "Add to Library" to add the item via the extension point.
A stub addon and instructions for modifying an existing addon is available.  In addition, as proof of concept, Tubed have been modified, rebranded Tubed MI, to demonstrate.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
LongMan
@Montellese 

Test builds are gone. Could you update the links/rebuild them?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2021-04-30, 22:22)Supersilver Wrote: Just wondering if there is a way to add in an option to just import collections from Plex and be able to select specific collections?
I'm sure it would be possible but it sounds very specific and not like something that most people would use. If anyone is willing to work on this I'd be happy to accept it into mediaimporter.plex but I don't have the time to work on it myself.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2021-05-04, 22:01)Montellese Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 22:22)Supersilver Wrote: Just wondering if there is a way to add in an option to just import collections from Plex and be able to select specific collections?
I'm sure it would be possible but it sounds very specific and not like something that most people would use. If anyone is willing to work on this I'd be happy to accept it into mediaimporter.plex but I don't have the time to work on it myself.
Perfect, thanks for letting me know it's possible Montellese. Might have to figure out how to do it myself haha
The builds have been re-posted.
I have uploaded new builds at https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads. They are based on the latest Kodi v19.1 Matrix and include a fix for using media import with multiple separate profiles.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
A few days ago I have uploaded new test builds at Downloads / Changelog which can greatly improve the performance of retrieving and passing media items from Python-based media importers to Kodi. For the performance improvements to become visible you also need to update the media importer add-on(s) to the latest version which I just released: For mediaimporter.emby the performance improvement is very noticeable. Unfortunately for mediaimporter.plex not so much because there the main issue is having to retrieve the metadata for every media item with a separate HTTP GET request which is slowing things down a lot. I'm looking into improving this as well. But you should still see a small performance improvement.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10