• 92(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
@M4tt0,
Thanks for responding and offering your POV. The question i am asking myself is, where is the point of diminishing returns? As we keep the branch at more point releases for the stable, the difference between the branch and master increases and possibly the number of conflicts that need to be resolved when the rebase is done.
Additionally, it might the better to keep the branch current making it easier to maintain and if ready to open a PR.

So, how much benefit is obtained by waiting on a few more bug fixes rather than marching forward. Also, we are talking about snapshots here not nightlies and over the last few years, Kodi snapshots have proven to be quite stable even though they are not presented as such.

What say you?

Cheers,
LongMan
@LongMan I'd say that your viewpoint makes perfect sense as long as the media importing and library integration feature remains a fork and your primary objective is readyness to publish a working version for the next major release. If you stop updating point releases you are probably going to diminish the user base of testers, which is important as long as testing is your objective. I don't think there is any right or wrong answer to your question, just the question where @Montellese wants to take it.

I've been running this feature on my test system successfully for some time and liked it a lot. I cannot use it in my CoreElec living room production system as I have neither managed to merge the the Media Importer branch into CoreElec or to integrate the Media Imorter LibreElec version into CoreElec. I guess in that sense, whatever happens will in fact not make a difference to me. I won't be able to use it on my production system.

Not sure this is helpful, @LongMan. As you now, I've been thinking for quite some time time that this feature is definitely worth upstreaming. But I also understand that there are still reasons for not upstreaming it. I keep reading this thread as I'm interested to see where it goes. The beauty of Open Source is that all these decisions reside with the developer. I'll patiently watch and wait from the side-line...   ;-)
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
@Montellese,
Thank You.
I saw that database cleaning issue is finally complete! Could @LongMan or anyone upload an iso uppgrade for my generic system? Cheers!
@psrkallez06. Here you go. The builds are based on LE 11 Alpha and Kodi 20 Alpha 2 + some fixes.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64 (tar)
LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64 (img.gz)
Thank you very much! And thank you @Montellese 

Will report back after testing in a few days! Big Grin
Update.. Doesn't seem to work. It comes to the splash screen and crashes, then splash screen then crashes over and over again. O downloaded the .tar file and put it in the .update folder Sad
After a few fails it starts in safe mode tho.
(2022-09-11, 15:44)LongMan Wrote: @psrkallez06. Here you go. The builds are based on LE 11 Alpha and Kodi 20 Alpha 2 + some fixes.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64 (tar)
LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64 (img.gz)

The img.gz is also a tar file. Can you reupload the img file so that i can try a clean install? Also sorry for spamming haha.
For that you need to use vanilla LE and then update with the these files. You may be able to use USB-SD Creator Tool with this image. I haven't tried it myself.

Hope that helps.
I see. But can you upload the img file? Thanks.
I only know how to build the type of file that I uploaded. For new installs, I start with with vanilla LE and then update. Works like a charm for me.
Will try that. Thanks!
Did you try the USB-SD Creator Tool that I linked to above? I just tried it with the image I provided and it works. It creates an installer on a USB drive that can be used for a fresh install.

Cheers,
LongMan
I did, it worked fine. I now have it installed.. but for some reason my wifi adapter isn't working.. Even in system info it doesn't fint it.. hmm
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10