HD Homerun DVR without PC- Record to NAS! On kickstarter now
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127...e-imagined

That would be awesome now, wouldn't it?
Has potential, but I wonder what the subscription fee will be.

Edit: Looks like it may be around $30 per year judging by their reward tiers.
Just seen the email from them. Not a bad idea and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm not big on Kickstarter and surprised they went that route..

Sounds promising, however, surprise they went with Kickstarter as well, as they are a well establish company already. No idea why they would need financial backers...
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Looks similar to the DVB Logic stuff - though they support a range of tuners, and the Raspberry Pi platform in addition to Windows, PC and Linux (plus NAS)
I did not pay attention to the subscription fee part. I wonder why there is a subscription fee if the DVR is not in the cloud. You buy the device, provide your own antenna and storage so why do you have to pay? Maybe I am missing something?
(2015-04-21, 16:37)ozkhan1 Wrote: I did not pay attention to the subscription fee part. I wonder why there is a subscription fee if the DVR is not in the cloud. You buy the device, provide your own antenna and storage so why do you have to pay? Maybe I am missing something?

No different than paying Schedules Direct. I suspect they don't get the EPG data for free.
(2015-04-21, 16:42)pcdude Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 16:37)ozkhan1 Wrote: I did not pay attention to the subscription fee part. I wonder why there is a subscription fee if the DVR is not in the cloud. You buy the device, provide your own antenna and storage so why do you have to pay? Maybe I am missing something?

No different than paying Schedules Direct. I suspect they don't get the EPG data for free.

aha!

That makes sense. Did not think about that. You are right, it comes out to be exactly the same. Makes you wonder if its better to go windows PC DVR route with WMC, EPG is free that way.
(2015-04-21, 16:42)pcdude Wrote:

You do if you're in Europe and using DVB-T/T2 (which is one of their solutions) - as most countries have a 7 day OTA EPG which is pretty comprehensive and designed for OTA DVR/PVRs. In the UK this includes full series linking, alternate broadcasts (so you can resolve clashes by using the +1 channels) and broadcaster start / stop triggering (so you get a good recording even if the show before has finished later than expected)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Homerun DVR without PC- Record to NAS! On kickstarter now1