Script for watching JW broadcasting in Kodi
Edit: No. I should have googled it better. There actually is an unofficial Kodi addon for JW broadcasting:
http://ca0abinary.github.io/plugin.video...nofficial/

Hi!

I just want to share this solution for accessing tv.jw.org in Kodi.

I don't write python or any other programming language, but I'm pretty good at bash script so I wrote this bash script that parses the files I guess are intended to be used by Roku (since there is a Roku app for JW broadcasting). It then creates sub directories containing .strm-files with the different video links.

It's not the most beautiful solution, but it works. And for now I don't know of any better solution.

To run the script you would have to use linux and have curl and GNU sed installed (haven't tested it with any non-GNU sed). I'm sure you could make it work on windows too (with something like Cygwin), but that would be more complicated. If you're running Kodi on some kind of embedded device you could run this script on the computer and then transfer the files to your device or possibly share them from the computer.

I'm running Kodi on a raspberry pi and have this bash script set up as a cron job running every night (it takes a some minutes to finish).

I've put the script up on github: https://github.com/allejok96/jw-kodiator

To address some legal issues: I know that a previous jw.org add-on for Kodi was discontinued due to a change in the websites terms of use. I've read them and I found two things that can be problematic:

Access this site for the purpose of creating and distributing source code, tools, or techniques for conducting any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction, and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website;

I can't say if this is "data collection/extraction". The script reads links in files that is provided by mediator.jw.org. And if parsing those files is "data extraction", isn't casual web browsing a form of "data extraction"?

Misuse the website or its services, such as interfering with or accessing the website or its services using a method other than what is explicitly provided;

This method is not "explicitly provided" - for Kodi. It is for Roku. What if Kodi could run Roku apps? Would it be "explicitly provided"? Well, this script parses Roku's data files. The files are "explicitly provided" in a way... Well, I don't know. I just want to watch JW broadcasting on my TV and now I can.

I hope that someone finds this script helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if there are any problems (but it's not sure I will be able to solve them for you)

/ Alex
Hi.
I am not familliar witv how these scripts are implemented n Kodi.
can you give me a quick tutorial please Smile ?

Thank you
Well, actually this script I wrote is an ugly solution. Shortly after I was done I discovered that someone else had made a nicer way to watch jw broadcasting on kodi.

It's an unofficial addon. Denny Goot has a great tutorial on hos blog on hos to install it
http://dennygoot.blogspot.se/2015/02/jw-...i.html?m=1

If you still want to use my solution, just tell me and I will write you a quick tutorial Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script for watching JW broadcasting in Kodi0