True Color Options?
Hi Bryan. Best skin in all of Kodi in my opinion! I do have a question though about background choices. Of the available color choices I prefer the default. However I had thought that with the ability to select your own background for the different areas individually that I could to substitute my own background. And in fact I can, although with one seeming limitation. I can download a nice dark blue type color added to a folder that I can then navigate to two select as a single image background. But it seems that the predominant skin default color theme is always an overlay to that choice so you never get the actual color you think you're getting. For what I'm trying to do what I have to create or have created my own color theme that I could then select from the color theme choices in the main settings menu of the skin? Thanks again. Love the skin and love how responsive you are two questions and feedback :-)
The background.png is a semi-transparent grey and the selected background color is a color diffuse. So you're right, the background will never look exactly the same as the selected color. If you want to provide your preferred color, I'll see if I can replace one of the existing ones. Or you can replace the background.png to get a different effect.
(2015-04-21, 20:16)braz Wrote: The background.png is a semi-transparent grey and the selected background color is a color diffuse. So you're right, the background will never look exactly the same as the selected color. If you want to provide your preferred color, I'll see if I can replace one of the existing ones. Or you can replace the background.png to get a different effect.

Hey Bryan. Here's the color...

http://www.solidbackgrounds.com/images/2...ground.jpg

As always, I thank you for being the most responsive 'skinner' in the Kodi world!!! Smile

-Scott.
I take it you want this exact color as the background? Probably the easiest way is to assign it to each section as you have done, then rename background.png so it doesn't get loaded. Though the texture is likely also used other places. I can post which code to comment out later so background.png is only removed from the library backgrounds.
(2015-04-21, 23:56)braz Wrote: I take it you want this exact color as the background? Probably the easiest way is to assign it to each section as you have done, then rename background.png so it doesn't get loaded. Though the texture is likely also used other places. I can post which code to comment out later so background.png is only removed from the library backgrounds.

You are awesome. And you give me far too much credit for understanding what you mean Smile

Can you kindergarten it for me and list steps? I know. It's painful dealing with the dullard class. But it is appreciated.
No problem, you'll have to wait until I'm home in front of a computer to do it though. Smile
(2015-04-22, 00:18)braz Wrote: No problem, you'll have to wait until I'm home in front of a computer to do it though. Smile

Thank you!!!
Thank you!!!
(2015-04-22, 00:18)braz Wrote: No problem, you'll have to wait until I'm home in front of a computer to do it though. Smile

Hardly mean to rush you, but just a gentle reminder if this was on your radar Smile
Haven't forgotten, just didn't get to it last night after starting on a new widget layout.
To remove the background overlay, remove or comment out this piece of code starting on line 28 in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. Your code may look a little different if you're not using the latest git version.

Code:
<control type="image">
    <visible>[!Window.IsActive(home) | [Window.IsActive(home) + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HomeFanartOverlay)]] + ![Window.IsVisible(script-globalsearch-main.xml)]</visible>
    <visible>![Control.IsVisible(59) | [Control.IsVisible(501) + !Window.IsActive(addoninformation)]]</visible>
    <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
    <texture>background.png</texture>
    <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorBackgroundVar]</colordiffuse>
</control>

If your solid background is applied everywhere, it should be the only thing shown.
(2015-04-24, 03:09)braz Wrote: To remove the background overlay, remove or comment out this piece of code starting on line 28 in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. Your code may look a little different if you're not using the latest git version.

Code:
<control type="image">
    <visible>[!Window.IsActive(home) | [Window.IsActive(home) + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HomeFanartOverlay)]] + ![Window.IsVisible(script-globalsearch-main.xml)]</visible>
    <visible>![Control.IsVisible(59) | [Control.IsVisible(501) + !Window.IsActive(addoninformation)]]</visible>
    <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
    <texture>background.png</texture>
    <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorBackgroundVar]</colordiffuse>
</control>

If your solid background is applied everywhere, it should be the only thing shown.

You must know some crazy smart kindergarteners! Smile I think I probably have a better shot of becoming President than I do effectively doing this. Can you break it down for me a little? Sorry. You're a computer genius. I can operate one and do basic stuff. Coding is beyond my pay grade though Wink
Sorry, guess I wouldn't make a very good kindergarten teacher. Wink

Do you have access to your skin files? http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Have you tried opening the IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml file located in the 1080i folder?

Did you look at line 28? Comment out the entire control so it looks something like this:
Code:
<!--<control type="image">...</control>-->

Hope this is enough to get you started, this is about all the help I can give.
I just downloaded Isengard on my MacBook Pro. Is there a way for you to add the new darker blue default color theme as an option in Helix? I use OpenELEC on my HTPC at home and use Kodi on my laptop just for experimenting. That's where I noticed the great new color theme Smile
(2015-04-26, 03:38)CaptainStereo Wrote: I just downloaded Isengard on my MacBook Pro. Is there a way for you to add the new darker blue default color theme as an option in Helix? I use OpenELEC on my HTPC at home and use Kodi on my laptop just for experimenting. That's where I noticed the great new color theme Smile
With the dark grey background and blue highlights? There's already a theme very similar to that included in the Helix version of Mimic. Or if you're talking about the bright blue theme, I linked the theme file in the other thread. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1990146

Won't be officially adding any themes to the Helix version at this point, all of my attention is on Isengard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
True Color Options?0