WIP [MOD] Aeon Nox 5 - Sky TV mod
I would just like to start by saying thank you to Bignoid for such a great skin.

I've recently migrated my HTPC parts into a Sky HD multiroom box, mainly because of the size of it. After searching around for a skin similar to Sky, I came up short, so I went ahead and started modding for my first time.

Instead of going all out and modding the whole skin, I've only changed the TV guide and infobar when you change channel. If I'm watching TV it looks and feels (kind of) like a Sky box, then when I back out to the Kodi home screen it looks and feels like Kodi again.

Here's where I'm at so far.

I'm trying to get it looking like this below

I've not touched "now, next and channel" views because I don't use them.

Things I need to do:
The number pad
Sidebar
Topbar when you press enter when fullscreen
and maybe some other bits, I can't remember off the top of my head.

The things I want to change but will need some help:

Proper function of the "All Channels" image above the guide, yes this is only a image and it doesn't change if you switch channel group / Possibly add the "actions" options from the epg sidebar.

Change every other row on the epg to a different shade of blue.

Add some sort of progress indicator, ideally shade each tv program which is currently playing.

I will post a download link soon so anyone who's interested can try it out, or maybe give us a hand.
Hi,

What do you mean exactly by this "I've recently migrated my HTPC parts into a Sky HD multiroom box"?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I mean I've ripped out the internals of a Sky box, ie. motherboard etc, and put my PC parts inside.

Looks very impressive. Looking forward to trying this with my wetek play, will go very nicely together.
This is amazing Smile

Girlfriend has been on at me to provide a nicer live tv interface and she came from a sky box.

Are you going to post the mod at some point?
Yes, I will be posting a download link soon - I just need to do a few more bits n pieces. It's hard work since I'm a complete novice at editing xml's and photoshop work. Please bear with me Wink
I noticed you've got some satellite inputs for the signal but do you need to use your sky viewing card to get anything other than the freeview channels?
As far as I'm aware you cannot fit a viewing card to a pc.
So how are you getting the non terrestrial channels on kodi?

Via the sat connection or a net stream?
There are ways to do it but this forum is not the place to talk about it.

Its certainly possible though.
Pretty amazing. I do prefer the sky look of the epg over all the ones I have tried. If not asking for too much you could probably add a setting to use the textures of the skin itself? I like the way the info is organized but it is too blue for the general skin look.
Cheers
terry I have to admit that this mod is awesome. Does recreate the Sky feel. haven't tested it as I couldnt find the right new DVB-S2 card for my PC. Some of these come with a CI slot which could be used for your puposes.
http://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs6991-d...-card.html is just an example
(2015-04-23, 23:13)zag Wrote: There are ways to do it but this forum is not the place to talk about it.

Its certainly possible though.

Yes i understand that, was just trying to get my head around it as wouldn't mind something similar on my bedroom tv.

Didnt know if there was a way of using my sky credentials to get access to non terrestrial.
(2015-04-23, 23:53)enen92 Wrote: Pretty amazing. I do prefer the sky look of the epg over all the ones I have tried. If not asking for too much you could probably add a setting to use the textures of the skin itself? I like the way the info is organized but it is too blue for the general skin look.
Cheers

As I said I'm a complete novice at skinning. This is my first attempt at a mod, I hardly even know what I'm doing sorry...............

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Nox 5 - Sky TV mod2