Subtitle stuck in all the wrong movies!!??
Hi everyone

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place, so please inform me, if I'm not… :-)

I have a huge problem, I never encountered before.
I run KODI 13.2 under OpenElec 5.0.8 on a Raspberry Pi model B (old one) and I'm very happy with this in general.
But just the other day, I got a problem with subtitles, that I can't seem to get rid of in any way.

My subtitle services (Subscene and Opensubtitles) are set up to search for Danish, english and polish subs (living in Denmark).
This usually works flawlessly. But the other night, when attempting to download a danish sub for a movie, I instead got an english sub on screen, even if my remote showed me, I had chosen the danish one. I also tried downloading polish and english, worked just fine.
So anyway, I watched the movie with english subs, which is usually ok for me, when there are no danish ones.

Then the following day, I try to watch another movie, search for danish subs on Subscene, find an appropriate file, download, and then the english subs for the movie on the prior evening (which should have been danish) come on screen. When I then try to download polish or english subs, it works perfectly.
This pattern then repeats, no matter which movie I try to play and grab subs for.

So I thought, maybe I need to restart the system. I reboot my Pi and it's still the same.
I even tried finding the subtitles in question for the first movie (that should have been danish, but were english) in its folder on my server and delete them, but even after this, these subs still come on, when I download and choose a danish subtitle for a movie.

Its like something is stuck, at least with the danish subs. Anybody try something similar?

Thanx in advance.
/J
Do you have Pulsar installed? I saw a similar report here.
Also similar reports with windows build here.
Thanx for your responses Smile

Hmmm ….. Don't even know what Pulsar is, but I don't have it…
And it puzzles me that this issue comes out of nowhere. Maybe a bad update of either the Subscene or Opensubtitles add-on, but that would surprise me. I haven't tried isolating the issue as being present with either one or the other subtitle add-on, but that's be the next step…

Maybe it'll just go away with a KODI update …. Wink Or a full reinstall, of course, but jeeeeez, I'd like to avoid it Tongue
I found a temporary fix, but I don't know if it will work for long. If you delete the temporary files the subscene add-on downloaded, you will download the correct subtitle again.

The files are there: kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.subscene/temp
I have the same problem with the subscene add-on on my ipad. Watching a tv show everything looks like i fetch the correct subtitle for the episode i wanna watch - but it always shows the sub from an episode i watched a couple of days ago.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I also have the same problem. Been running Kodi/xbmc for at least five years and never encountered this issue before.
I also downloaded from subscene. Mine got stuck with the sub from sundays episode of GoT

Running 15.0-ALPHA Git:2015-04-01-32c1f53-dirty
OS X 10.10.3
(2015-04-22, 23:54)Renton Wrote: I found a temporary fix, but I don't know if it will work for long. If you delete the temporary files the subscene add-on downloaded, you will download the correct subtitle again.

The files are there: kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.subscene/temp

Cool, Renton, gotta try this! Smile

And yups, it seems the problem is related to the Subscene add-on, and not Opensubtitles, sooooo so far so good Smile
And it worked!! :-D Thank you so much Smile Smile Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle stuck in all the wrong movies!!??0