How to use lumasharpen in DSPlayer
Question 
Hi All,

I've recently install Kodi using DSPlayer instead of DVDPlayer. I want to have the advantages of the gui integration of dsplayer and the benefits of MPC-HC such as using lumasharpen.

As a workaround I've found SweetFX but I can't make it work (I'm using Windows 8.1).

Anyone can help me? My main aim is using DSPlayer (or DVDplayer) with lumasharpen

Regards
(2015-04-24, 20:06)Xander Log Wrote: Hi All,

I've recently install Kodi using DSPlayer instead of DVDPlayer. I want to have the advantages of the gui integration of dsplayer and the benefits of MPC-HC such as using lumasharpen (.psh).

As a workaround I've found SweetFX but I can't make it work (I'm using Windows 8.1).

Anyone can help me? My main aim is using DSPlayer (or DVDplayer) with lumasharpen

Regards

You need to save the shader in the correct format.

Open the DSPlayer shaders folder in the Program Files/Kodi/system/players/dsplayer/shaders directory. You want to save the text file (shader) with the same extension as the other shaders (.psh).

Once the shader is saved in the correct folder with the correct extension, open shaders.xml in the userdata/dsplayer folder. Your new shader must be declared in this file to be selectable from within DSPlayer.
I posted a copy of LumaSharpen some time ago in this post: 1853507 (post).

The entry in shaders.xml would look something like this:

<shader name="LumaSharpen" id="22">
<path>special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/shaders/LumaSharpen.psh</path>
<profile>ps_3_0</profile>
</shader>
Hi Warner306, many thanks for your help, unfortunately I've not make it work.

I've followed those steps:

-Get lumasharpen shader from this thread:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170357

-The file extension of Lumasharpen in this case was .hlsl

-Copy Lumasharpen.hlsl into this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\shaders

-Copy and rename the file to have it whith all those extensions: hlsl, glsl, h, arb

-Add to shaders.xlm the new entry:
</shader>

-Add to mediasconfig.xml the entry for the shader in mkv files:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="avsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
<subs filter="xysubfilter" />
<shaders>
<shader id="22" />
</shaders>
</rule>

-Run Kodi and play a MKV file, apparently lumasharpen is not used and when I exit kodi, the file shaders.xlm has been automatically modified by kodi and the entry I added for lumasharpen has been removed.

I don't know where is the problem, perhaps I must use other file extension?

And, another question, how could I be sure that shader is used on playback? should this appear in the menu that appears with Control+J?

I hope you can lend me a hand, many thanks in advance, and I also have to thank you and congratulate you for your great thread "Windows - HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR".

Regards
(2015-04-26, 16:27)Xander Log Wrote: Hi Warner306, many thanks for your help, unfortunately I've not make it work.

I've followed those steps:

-Get lumasharpen shader from this thread:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170357

-The file extension of Lumasharpen in this case was .hlsl

-Copy Lumasharpen.hlsl into this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\shaders

-Copy and rename the file to have it whith all those extensions: hlsl, glsl, h, arb

-Add to shaders.xlm the new entry:
</shader>

-Add to mediasconfig.xml the entry for the shader in mkv files:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="avsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
<subs filter="xysubfilter" />
<shaders>
<shader id="22" />
</shaders>
</rule>

-Run Kodi and play a MKV file, apparently lumasharpen is not used and when I exit kodi, the file shaders.xlm has been automatically modified by kodi and the entry I added for lumasharpen has been removed.

I don't know where is the problem, perhaps I must use other file extension?

And, another question, how could I be sure that shader is used on playback? should this appear in the menu that appears with Control+J?

I hope you can lend me a hand, many thanks in advance, and I also have to thank you and congratulate you for your great thread "Windows - HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR".

Regards

The file extension should be .psh. You should be able to add the shader through the Kodi gui by using Media rules. Add it to the post-resized image.

Ignore the XBMC file path. This is legacy code that still works.

I actually have no idea how to tell if the shader is working. Codec info (O) is the only place I can think of. madVR wouldn't report anything.
Hi Warner306, I got it!

I firstly have to thank you again for your help.

Following your instructions I have been able to use lumasharpen and it works perfectly now Smile

I would like ask you one question:

I have seen that in the folder shaders.xml the following code: "<profile>ps_3_0</profile>" appears:

Code:
</shader>

Whats is the difference with "<profile>ps_2_0</profile>"? I understand that it means the pixel shader version to use, but I'm not sure whats the performance difference between one and other neither what's the best choice for the different graphic cards.

Regards and thank you again.
(2015-04-28, 12:56)Xander Log Wrote: Hi Warner306, I got it!

I firstly have to thank you again for your help.

Following your instructions I have been able to use lumasharpen and it works perfectly now Smile

I would like ask you one question:

I have seen that in the folder shaders.xml the following code: "<profile>ps_3_0</profile>" appears:

Code:
</shader>

Whats is the difference with "<profile>ps_2_0</profile>"? I understand that it means the pixel shader version to use, but I'm not sure whats the performance difference between one and other neither what's the best choice for the different graphic cards.

Regards and thank you again.

I don't know what the difference is between profile 2 and 3. I think it has something to do with the nature of the shader and what it does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use lumasharpen in DSPlayer0