Kore authentication error
Running 14.2 Helix
Windows 7 64-bit
Default Skin

Zerconf enabled and Kore sees my Kodi just fine but consitently tells me I have the "Wrong username and/or password. Please check your credentials."

I have re-input the username/password multiple times. I have changed the username/password. I have tried eliminating the password (Kore didn't like that, said "Kodi/XBMC requires authentication."

Tried configuring manually and still no dice. It see's my Kodi, but rejects my username/password.

I'm at a loss here. it's not a difficult username/password (at the moment it's just kodi/kodi).
Update:

Just got the Kore update from the Play store. The previous issue is gone, but even though it discovers it fine it won't connect to it as configured. I've tried enabling/disabling TCP. I've tried different HTTP Ports. I've tried manually inputing the MAC address. Nothing works.

On a lark I tried installing Kodi 14.2 to the wife's iMac and Kore won't even discover it. Tried manually configuring with IP etc. but it still wouldn't find it.

Interestingly the old XBMC remote, which I still have installed on my Android and her iPhone, still works in both instances and both flawlessly connect to and control both Windows and Mac instances.
If i were to guess i would say that there is something in your network that is preventing access to the HTTP port. Double check this please. Make sure that the HTTP port in Kore is the same as in Kodi and there's no firewall blocking it.

The older remote works because it didn't rely on HTTP so much, but you probably aren't getting any artwork, are you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore authentication error0