Lost LiveTV
LiveTV was setup and working fine, but now (after several updates) it has disappeared. I've been through everything I can think of and need some more suggestions.

I'm running a Cubox-i2 with OpenElec 5.0.8 (Kodi 14.2). I have a Hauppage WinTV-HVR-950Q plugged directly into Cubox usb port and driver dvb-fe-xc5000c-4.1.30.7.fw in /lib/firmware. It is connected to known good antenna and has both power and signal lights lit.

System> Settings>AddOns>PVR Clients>TVHeadend HTSP Client v1.9.40 is enabled. System, Settings, Live TV, General - enabled

LiveTV does not appear on Confluence menu bar
192.168.1.13 from a network desktop gets the Kodi screen
192.168.1.13:9981 gets "unable to connect to server" message
System> System Info> PVR Service is grayed out
"TVHeadend HTSP Client - Connection Lost" message appears
There is no /etc/tvheadend folder.

Any idea what these messages mean? or what I can check next?
Thanks for any help.
Is tvheadend actually running? ps shows all running processes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Apparently not. ps gives a list of 80 or so processes, none of which looks like tvheadend.
This was very educational for this noob. I haven't done ssh or Putty before.
try rebooting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And also try systemctl stop service.multimedia.tvheadend or systemctl start service.multimedia.tvheadend as another way to see if it's running. Piping ps through grep will allow you to filter that list you were looking at as well, e.g. ps -eaf | grep tvh.

Check it's installed by looking for (I think) $HOME/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend

It's either not starting at all or perhaps not even installed, I suspect.
Try enabling the backend, looks like it only the frontend enabled. have you logged into the web-server first? If you cant, have you enabled Addons>Get Addons>Unofficial OpenELEC Addons>services>tvheadend?
Ah, thanks. Several of you were correct. Tvheadend service was not, in fact, installed. It is now installed and enabled. Tvheadend appears in the ps process list and configuration now appears at http://<ipaddress>:9981. Apparently, my configuration was lost in prior updates, so I am grappling with the changes from 0.9 to 3.9.2690~g6751ade. Will follow tvheadend.org threads on setting up new version.
Thanks again for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost LiveTV0