Is it possible to store metadata in a separate folder?
Question 
Like the subject states, I'd like to know if it's possible to set up EMM so it will recognize metadata (*.jpg *.nfo) in a folder separate from the movies themselves. I've tried adding both the movie folder and the metadata folder to EMM, but after scanning, EMM doesn't associate the jpg and nfo files in the metadata folder with the movies in the movie folder.
It's not possible atm. But it's already requested as feature.
Thanks. With over 8k movies, having 4+ files for each one is making it a bit of a chore to manage.

A few years back I proposed a modification/addition to the MKV spec that would keep all the extra files as attachments to the movie file. There was a bit of interest, but it never went anywhere. Anything that would reduce the clutter would be an improvement. I know that's well outside the scope of EMM, but if you know anybody who might be in a position to make it happen, it would be a boon for everybody.
But you know that Kodi does not support it?

What do want? A completely separate folder or a "metadata" folder in each movie folder?
Ideally, I'd like all the extra metadata files associated with a movie to be muxed in with the audio and video, removing the need for folders at all. MKV supports this (sort of), but none of the media managers/players do. If you're interested, here's a detailed post I made 6 years ago explaining what I mean. It was on a forum for UMX, a now-dead media manager project. There were a couple pages of discussion and one of the devs started working on an MKV tool that would attach the metadata files without having to remux the audio and video streams, but interest in this (along with the entire UMX project) just faded away.

But I know that's unlikely to happen, so what I'd settle for is one folder with all the movie files, and another folder with all the metadata files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to store metadata in a separate folder?0