install xbmc box
I am a teacher with a Masters degree and 2 credentials, however wireless connections, IT and hardware are not my cup of tea. It is voodoo to me and I'm, essentially an educated computer dummy. So I bought 2 xbmc Android boxes from a friend. I could only get to 1 of the boxes via an ethernet connection.

I bought a Motorola Surfboard Extreme 3.0 Cable Modem/Router. That did not connect, so I did some more research and thought maybe I needed a WPS adapter. Here I sit still mystified.Do these boxes have WPS buttons? Can someone help set this up so I can use all of my devices?
Ok, three things. This topic should be under General Support - Android (not off-topic), typically your thread topic contains something specific to your problem, and the product hardware should be in the body of your first post. There is a thread somewhere outlining how to structure a help thread.

If you bought a pre-loaded XBMC box there should be a quickstart either in the box or on the website.

Welcome to XBMC
OK, two things.

The name of this application used to be XBMC, but it is now Kodi.

Second, more information is required before anyone can provide any useful assistance. What is the nature of your set-up? What are you trying to do, connect to a NAS, or access live streams? When you say "get to one of the boxes", am I correct in assuming that you are trying to access the box from a desktop machine? If so, for what purpose?

I have found many friendly people here willing to help, but I can't blame fellow users for shying away from vague questions.

Welcome to Kodi.
There are no "Kodi boxes" or "XBMC boxes". We're just a free application that people can install on such boxes. Many venders mention Kodi and use it in the promotional materials without our permission, and it gives people the wrong impression. On Kodi.tv we only provide support for Kodi itself. If someone needs help with their generic Android box and connecting it to the internet, then they are on the wrong website. Just as if someone with a generic Windows laptop wanted to run Kodi on that laptop, but needed help connecting it to the internet, they should go to a forum for generic Windows support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
install xbmc box0